Car Running Hot

Dear all,
After checking all the major stuff on this car, the thermostat was pulled to check it,and lo and behold...my 'helper' had put it on backwards.

I'm both aggravated and face palming right now.
Thanks everyone for the help on this one.

DOH! lol Regarding the thermostat, 160 is too cool. I'm running a 180, but some suggest running the stock 195. My engine is on the A of NORMAL of the stock temp gauge most of the time. When the car is in heavy stop and go traffic for a good while during the summer, it reaches the middle of the gauge at the M.

• Sponsors (?)

DOH! lol Regarding the thermostat, 160 is too cool. I'm running a 180, but some suggest running the stock 195. My engine is on the A of NORMAL of the stock temp gauge most of the time. When the car is in heavy stop and go traffic for a good while during the summer, it reaches the middle of the gauge at the M.

That's what I thought as far as being too cool. I've been listening to more seasoned mechanics and taking their advice, and this thermostat thing (after it was discovered it was in backwards, lol!) and he was adamant about me putting in a cooler thermostat because of our hot weather. I wanted stock back in there again, but he seemed so sure. I suppose I could replace the thermostat again myself if it seems to be running too cool

Marking this as solved, with the new thermostat in, the car is now staying cooled as it's supposed to. Thanks everyone!
IMG_1219.JPG

Reactions: 1 user