Fuel Car running worse after gas fillup

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, you need to make a decision, then make a plan.
what is the car going to be used for then you need to plan your parts purchase accordingly. Shop around, research.
While LMR is a great resource for parts most common parts are repackaged with a higher price like sensors, injectors and ignition parts.
Get the ford assembly/repair manual for the year mustang you have.
The members here at stangnet can guide you in the right direction when you get confused or need questions answered.
Now about those injectors, they are a better version of the ev1 style that came on our cars but ask yourself if the extra expense and work are worth the reward, they offer little to no increase in power for a mild build and if you are on a budget, and we all are, some budgets are bigger than others, the 50 bucks or so extra could be spent on something more beneficial to your goal.
My advice at this point would be to get the car running well first, that means starting with the fuel system then you can work on what the engine needs to function correctly.
Adding a bunch of non stock parts to an engine that is not running well makes it harder to diagnose and repair

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Dude, you need to make a decision, then make a plan.
what is the car going to be used for then you need to plan your parts purchase accordingly. Shop around, research.
While LMR is a great resource for parts most common parts are repackaged with a higher price like sensors, injectors and ignition parts.
Get the ford assembly/repair manual for the year mustang you have.
The members here at stangnet can guide you in the right direction when you get confused or need questions answered.
Now about those injectors, they are a better version of the ev1 style that came on our cars but ask yourself if the extra expense and work are worth the reward, they offer little to no increase in power for a mild build and if you are on a budget, and we all are, some budgets are bigger than others, the 50 bucks or so extra could be spent on something more beneficial to your goal.
My advice at this point would be to get the car running well first, that means starting with the fuel system then you can work on what the engine needs to function correctly.
Adding a bunch of non stock parts to an engine that is not running well makes it harder to diagnose and repair
Yes I know my plan is to change the fuel tank and pump and clean the lines And then see how it runs. Since my maf is calibrated for 24# I will eventually need to reinstall a set of 24# injectors since the shop i took it to put in 19#.

:doh:
Why 'see how it runs'??
It's thirty years old, and you don't have the correct injectors and those may be jacked up from crap in the tank/lines. Old brittle/busted vacuum lines, leaky gaskets and fluids that may be older than you are.
Have you looked at the brakes? Brake lines?
What's the goal with this car?

Reactions: 1 user
Why 'see how it runs'??
It's thirty years old, and you don't have the correct injectors and those may be jacked up from crap in the tank/lines. Old brittle/busted vacuum lines, leaky gaskets and fluids that may be older than you are.
I know. I cant buy everything right now. I’m going to do the fuel tank and pump first and then get the 24 pound injectors. That’s why I was asking if those are good or not.
The brake lines look ok. The brakes work well
The goal is to restore the car and get it running perfect.

Why 'see how it runs'??
My EX wife would say " You"re mean" like she did to me daily....

Sometimes a bit of tough love or stating things in a very matter of fact way is best and can save someone from more pain, frustration and expense. The General can be matter of fact at times when needed but not mean. There are a few others here who can be blunt at times if you want a comparison.

Recently purchased a 92 gt project car and Once I was able to get the car running I drove it to a mustang mod shop to get a misfire fixed and to get the car running well. I finally picked up the car today and it ran amazing until I stopped to get gas. After I filled it up the fuel pump now buzzes constantly. The car also jerks when cruising at low rpm around 2k. Also when letting out the clutch in 1st gear the car will jerk very aggressively if I don’t give it enough gas. My thinking is that the fuel tank is probably dirty and after I filled the tank completely (the first time I’ve done this since I got the car, it sat for 5 years before I got it running) the gas probably stirred up whatever crud was in the tank and clogged the filter. I plan on buying abs installing a new tank, pump, and fuel gauge sensor since I’m gonna be in there anyways. Do you guys think this could be it?
Did you change the fuel filter? It could be clogged up....what octane did you use ?