car shuts off randomly

srt420psi

Jun 4, 2007
this happened 2x to me in the past 2 weeks. car is an 03 gt 5 speed with just 34000 miles. it happened both times when i was going around a turn. didnt sputter or anything. just shut off with no warning. other than that car runs perfect. fires right back up. any ideas as to y? thanks

btw only mod is a magnapack exhaust.

• Sponsors (?)

this happened 2x to me in the past 2 weeks. car is an 03 gt 5 speed with just 34000 miles. it happened both times when i was going around a turn. didnt sputter or anything. just shut off with no warning. other than that car runs perfect. fires right back up. any ideas as to y? thanks

how much gas do you have?

I had this happen to me on a 1980's Dodge. Intermittently it would lose power, stall but only when going through sharp turns usually at highway speed or under load. I went crazy trying to fix it. It was a fuel injected car BTW.
It turned out to be the coil which had a hairline crack in it and the di-electric fluid had leaked out to the point where it was only half full. I found it by accident when I removed it, saw a wet spot, shook the coil (one of those stick of dynomite looking things) and heard the fluid sloshing around in it.

I know modern stangs are COP but I just thought I would share a real weird one.