car sputtering under throttle and code

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
i took a 10 hour drive back home on saturday and about 9 hours into it my car started sputtering everytime i would press the gas in.. i figured since georgia had beat my car to death in construction it must have knocked something loose... so i pulled over, turned the car off, jiggled my intake, and that seemed to fix the problem

yester after coming back from orlando heading to daytona, everytime i pressed the gas peddle, hard or soft, it would sputter like it was lacknig fuel or something... stopped off about 20ish minutes, turned car off, jiggled intake, but this time it only fixed it a tad...still doing it but not as bad

pulled out the xcal today, read codes and i have a P1000 which reads obd systems rediness test not complet. what does this mean? is my computer fried or something or is it something else? any help would be appreciated. thanks guys...i need to figure this out before nextsat cause i have another 10 hour drive ahead of me

• Sponsors (?)

I would check fuel filter or ?pump :shrug:
Had this happen in my fox body 100+ miles from home.
I didn't jiggle intake? Just shuttin the car off for lil bit let the filter settle enough for restart drive home.
An the code P1000 ? I'd have to look that up??

i took a 10 hour drive back home on saturday and about 9 hours into it my car started sputtering everytime i would press the gas in.. i figured since georgia had beat my car to death in construction it must have knocked something loose... so i pulled over, turned the car off, jiggled my intake, and that seemed to fix the problem

Check the electrical connection at the MAF.

pulled out the xcal today, read codes and i have a P1000 which reads obd systems rediness test not complet. what does this mean?

In order to do the various OBD-II (emissions) diagnostics checks, certain driving conditions have to be met. This code is intended to tell techs and smog-station operators that the PCM has not seen all the necessary driving conditions and thus the lack of a particular MIL code is not necessarily an indication that the system in question is functioning.

After a drive of that length it's somewhat surprising to me that the PCM still reads that though it's not unheard of. When was the battery last disconnected? If it hadn't been for a while you might want to throw in a check of your battery connections (tightness, cleanliness etc) for good measure.

p1000 is nothing to worry about. A dummy code, litterally.

Explain "jiggled my intake". You mean the upper plenum and t/b..... it should not "jiggle"...... I'd start by checking for a vac leak.

oops, i was talking about the CAI...my car did a similar thing once before but it trurned out to be a loose connection, so i kinda jiggled everything before and after the blower to see if maybe this was the same problem happening again

Check the electrical connection at the MAF.

In order to do the various OBD-II (emissions) diagnostics checks, certain driving conditions have to be met. This code is intended to tell techs and smog-station operators that the PCM has not seen all the necessary driving conditions and thus the lack of a particular MIL code is not necessarily an indication that the system in question is functioning.

After a drive of that length it's somewhat surprising to me that the PCM still reads that though it's not unheard of. When was the battery last disconnected? If it hadn't been for a while you might want to throw in a check of your battery connections (tightness, cleanliness etc) for good measure.

could this be related to the rear 02's? the cel never went off after any tunes were put in the car even though every tune was created for o/r midpipes..

thanks for the info guys!

That sounds like my car when "Cold air intake" kinda fell apart. It sounded like it was cammed but, when slowed down it acted as if it wanted to cut off. Like trinity gt kinda said that cold says the drive cycle might not be complete. Could Be an air leak, trinity sounds like hes right!