Car Warming Up

• Sponsors (?)

I would say so.

How are you measuring that? Are you driving it and it takes that long for the needle on the temp gauge to get to where it should be? Or are you letting it idle up to temp?

My 2003 GT, still with the stock thermostat, does take some time to get up to temp. I'll drive for about 3 miles before the needle even moves. By the time I'm about a mile from work, it gets to where it should be.

Compared to my 2003 Explorer with a V6 that is fully up to temp within that first 3 miles...I dunno, it's kinda weird.

I would say so.

How are you measuring that? Are you driving it and it takes that long for the needle on the temp gauge to get to where it should be? Or are you letting it idle up to temp?

My 2003 GT, still with the stock thermostat, does take some time to get up to temp. I'll drive for about 3 miles before the needle even moves. By the time I'm about a mile from work, it gets to where it should be.

Compared to my 2003 Explorer with a V6 that is fully up to temp within that first 3 miles...I dunno, it's kinda weird.
that is exactly how mine acts. I assume its normal. Thanks for the help

+1 on above. Big motor. Big coolant volume. I have to drive several miles as well to get up to full operating temperature. The gauge comes off of the left peg fairly quickly but does take awhile to get to full operating temperature.

I'm thinking it is the cast iron block, my 98 Cobra warmed up a lot faster than my GT I noticed right away and at first thought the thermostat was bad. The Cobra also cooled off much faster too with the Teksid.