Car wouldn't idle, clunk, running fine...

So here's the basics:
After sitting at work for 8 hours in the rain, Car starts and dies immediately, no CEL. After letting it rev to 3,000rpm for 10 seconds and let down slowly it holds an idle of about 350. Turning A/C on or off had no effect. Removing IAC had no effect. Unplugging the MAF killed the car.

Here's the scary part of it all though, after letting it rev at 3,000 for ~20 seconds (it was bouncing from 3,000 to 3400 periodically as if an accessory was kicking on and off) i let it idle back down, it did its 350rpm sputtering for around 30 seconds, then there was a clunk and it started idling fine. I immediately turned it off and started it and it went back to idling fine again. I turned it off and haven't run it yet in case something is messed up.

Any ideas?

I'm hoping a pulley was seized. There has been a noise coming from the front of the car that sounded like a rotational grind, I wrongly assumed a pebble in the brake (90% of the time it only did it while driving, 2 nights ago it did it while idling, unfortunately I was again in a rush). I'm thinking A/C pulley, just a gut feeling. I'm fairly certain, SOTP, that A/C wasn't working as it should have been the last little while.

... the clunk terrifies me though because ~70km ago I installed a different CAI and put on a throttle body spacer... I was in a rush and its very possible I left a 10mm socket somewhere, though in the intake tract is incredibly unlikely, plus I would have heard it banging around all this time. My other concern is perhaps the intake was of shoddy design and a screw/chunk of plastic came loose, was against the throttle body plate and then clunk! ended up in the engine... So any ideas or tests I should do? I also reset the tune to stock just in case.

• Sponsors (?)