Car wrecked, have a question

Fast05

Sep 16, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Ok so some a hole ran into me last night and the front of his car pretty much hit my back left wheel head on. Now my question is this, would my rear end/axles hold up to this? He was goin prolly about 50 mph. I had to drive the car home and the whole way back i could hear a persistent almost like a grinding and squeaking noise that sounded like it was coming from somewhere in the drivetrain. When I came to a stop there was a loud pronounced clunk that sounded like my rear end. I figured the squeaking was my tire rubbing against the fender but upon inspection when I got home there was actually still plenty of clearance because most of the damage was behind the tire. Is this something I need to have the dealership look at? I'd think the rear ends in these cars would be pretty strong, but then again it's not like they're designed to take that kind of abuse. Let me know what ya'll think....the car isn't drivable right now as the wheel is too damaged...if yall wanna see pics i posted them in the talk section. Thanks in advance for your input

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)