carb or mass air help

af62cobra

Apr 1, 2005
hi, everybody i just got a 88 GT convertible,all my mustangs up to now have been mass air,this one is speed density.my question should i switch to a carb set-up or a mass air set to add a few bolt-on's and a e-cam or will the speed density work okay.

• Sponsors (?)

carb will be some work and i don't think it is worth it for how much a mass air conversion will be. obviously if you wanna start doing some mods (cam) then a mass air conversion is definetly something you wanna do. there are people who are making power with speed density but there are more who will have troubles. i did my mass air conversion for under $150 canadian not counting the C&l Mass air meter i purchaced. I was in the same boat earlier and i read alot and realized that mass air is just the way to go.

good luck

wouldn't the 331 have a very different vac pressure than a stock 302? Just something to think about I guess, seems to me the larger flow of air through the manifold due to the +cubes would change the pressure. Or are you re-burning you're computer?