Carb People! Help me pick an Intake and a Carb Please

I decided to go with a carb setup over EFI (if you saw my other thread on deleting the wiring harness) I have a bunch of the info needed, considering my uncle put a 460 in his 88 and still retained his gauges, lights etc.... (dont know why i didnt ask him before) He and i were discussing what size carb and which intake to run, so id like your opinions on it. Mods are listed below. Car will be driven 2-3 days a week, and see track duty maybe once a month. I know my gas mileage is gonna suck, but ill live with that.

-Block Bored and honed to 306
-Stock forged rods
-Trickflow 10:1 forged pistons
-Polished crank
-All new bearings
-Trickflow Track Heat Heads
-Trickflow 6.700 pushrods
-Trickflow stage II cam ( duration 224*/232* lift .542"/.563")
-FMS lifters
-Hooker 1 5/8 Longtubes
-Rest of exhaust to be determined
-Rebuilt T-5 with Hanlon Block & Ring kit
-Stock gears for now (3.08's)

I was thinkin about the Weiand Team G Intake, and a Barry Grant Speed Demon Carb (750 i believe) is that overkill, or should i go with a smaller combo like a 650 and a Victor Jr?

• Sponsors (?)

My only choice for Intakes is Weiand Intakes. Get the Stealth

For carbs I like Eddy, but most people run holly. For CFM no bigger than 650.

You can search for a thread about carbs from maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. Crazy Pete had it all written up..

Yeah Crazy Pete suggested a 600 for some better low-end grunt and not much of a loss in the upper band.

I got a 650cfm sitting on an airgap style intake. Very fun stuff :) Why do you want your stock guages so much? Aren't they not that reliable in the first place (or so people tell me).

srothfuss said:
My only choice for Intakes is Weiand Intakes. Get the Stealth..

THANK GOD not everyone is brainwashed into thinking Edelbrock is the only option.

I second what he says about the Stealth. I have one waiting for my street rod 5.0. In my area there is asmall group of us that liek the stealth series intakes. We also all are perplexed by the ribbing in the plenum on Edelbrock intakes. Our general concensus is they added the ribs to break up the air/fuel charge and that if the manifold needs that to function right, the design is flawed.

Stealth will kick serious asz on that combo.

Also you will need at least 3.73 gears with that combo in a big way IMO.

srothfuss said:
OK... I searched and found this for you. Here is all you need to know.

Previous Carb Discussion - Includes Crazy Petes break down

:nice:

Thanks... this is all providing alot of helpful info. im probably going to start yankin the wiring out this coming week, as im waiting for pictures that my uncle is sending of how he did his... after that, im buying all of the parts, and i should be up & runnin soon!