Carb swap wiring issues!

So Im doing a carb conversion on my 87 5.0 liter after drivability issues got so bad I couldnt drive it anymore and ran out of ideas trying to get it to run right. So it came to the point i needed to swap to a carb. Ive been reffering to fletchs carb conversion article through the whole process and it has been great. But once i got it all installed and ready to wire i ran into some issues. there wiring colors on my pigtails do not match the wiring colors he has listed. I think this may be because i have an 87 and he was converting a newer mass air car. So I checked my chiktons and could not figure anything out in there. all i need to wire is the fuel pump relay, guages, and ignition turn on signal. Is there anyway i can test the wires to find out which is which?i was thinking I could make a jumper and start adding 12v from the battery and watch the guages to see which pins run to these, woudl that hurt anything? Im pretty much lost and would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

I sent a signal cable directly from the fuse box back when the igntiiton turns on...but thats my car and its for street/strip so some comforts were taken off i dont know if you would like to do that

I would recommend that you fix the current setup rather than rip up a perfectly good Mustang.

A brief look at the history of your posts shows you could not dump codes. That suggests a problem with the pin 46 computer signal ground. That signal ground is critical to the operation of every engine mounted sensor except the O2 sensors.