Carb to efi

Foxtoslow89

Nov 16, 2012
Hey guys I'm knew to the forums. Hope I can get some help, I have a 89 foxbody originally a five speed efi car until I put a 460 in her, I went back to a 5.0 and ran a carb for a while, now I'm going back efi and I just got a computer engine harness Maf harness injecter harness, and I wanna know what I need at bare minimum to get it running. I have a custom harness in it now that has it's own fuse box, ignition ect. Please let me know if anyone has any answers for me

• Sponsors (?)

i already have the 89 harness and computer that i just got.. Now i just need to install it but i wanna no what i can get away with not pluging in. i just want too hook up as bare minimum as i can?

I do have some more questions on my build. Got a 311( 302 60 over). Gt40p heads ported. Will a stock upper and lower intake work ok for me just to get her running decent. And also I was wanting to do a turbo, nothing craZy just something to give her that little pull:) any opinions on my options??

The stock intake setup will work fine until you decide what you want for your final setup....
However, with Explorer GT40 intakes being so common and cheap in the upulls, it couldn't hurt to grab one and use it.
They are far and away better than stock, even if there are some aftermarket intakes that are better...
Get the upper, lower, and TB (throttle body)...

This ans hwy ratio411 can you help me with this rjm kit?
What do you need?
I have used the "universal" 5.0 kit to install an EFI 5.0 in place of a carb'd I6 in a Fox body Fairmont (same as Mustang, but for 5" longer).
It was easy-cheezy. Every wire in the harness is marked down it's entire length as to what it is.
I am going to use one in my 87 GT just to get rid of the rough stock harness, and make for an easy MAF upgrade.
It only includes the wires you need, and not the extras that come stock... emissions and such.
310678_492142214130030_1568888942_n-jpg.74248

What would you say about gasket matching the stock lower and upper? Or should I just get the gt40 upper and lower with the 24 lbs inj. And mass air? My gt40p heads are ported and polished and I'm not sure how good 19lbs inj. Will work with my 311?

What would you say about gasket matching the stock lower and upper? Or should I just get the gt40 upper and lower with the 24 lbs inj. And mass air? My gt40p heads are ported and polished and I'm not sure how good 19lbs inj. Will work with my 311?
What I understand is that the 19s will handle up to 300hp, then you pretty much need 24s.
I also understand that the stock MAF setup will run 24s without issue, but for anything larger you need calibration.
I doubt you'll need 24s with a stock upper/lower intake. I don't know if they are good for 300 hp in any combo?
Someone else might have to chime in on that.