carbed ignition help

BK_CAULEY

it's built for speed not longevity, woman
Dec 26, 2006
Thomasville, ga
ok guys i havent messed with any carbed ignition setups EVER and i was wondering how it all works out. the car in question is a carbed swapped 90 gt but the wires going to the distributor arent hooked up and there is no harness in the car.

so my question is can i just get a + and - to a coil put a coil wire to the distributor and have fore or is it more to it than that? the distributor has 3 wires coming out of it but they are so nasty and messed up i couldnt tell you what colors they are. i figured they just controled timing advance and wouldnt cause me to not have spark.

Ok i just went out before i posted this and hooked a positive and negative to the col and was getting no spark out of the coil wire do what do i do.

if someone could MS paint me a diagram of how to wire the ignition that would be awesome.

• Sponsors (?)

ok guys i havent messed with any carbed ignition setups EVER and i was wondering how it all works out. the car in question is a carbed swapped 90 gt but the wires going to the distributor arent hooked up and there is no harness in the car.

so my question is can i just get a + and - to a coil put a coil wire to the distributor and have fore or is it more to it than that? the distributor has 3 wires coming out of it but they are so nasty and messed up i couldnt tell you what colors they are. i figured they just controled timing advance and wouldnt cause me to not have spark.

Ok i just went out before i posted this and hooked a positive and negative to the col and was getting no spark out of the coil wire do what do i do.

if someone could MS paint me a diagram of how to wire the ignition that would be awesome.

durasparkfinal.jpg