Carbureted 5.0 in SN95

Macktenn

Mar 21, 2020
Alberta
Hey everyone, I bought this car already swapped a while back and am cleaning up the engine bay a bit, it’s a 1995 mustang, was originally a v6, has a carbureted 5.0 with a standard trans, And no air conditioning, other then for power to my ignition coil, is the ICM and PCM needed?

• Sponsors (?)

Is it still running the stock TFI coil and stock distributor, or something aftermarket? If yes, you still need the ICM and PCM. It also depends on how your fuel pump is wired - if it's still using the high-pressure fuel pump with a pressure regulator, you'll still need that circuitry. The fans are another question - and the speedometer (where or not it's using the VSS in the trans through the PCM), and if you still have AC. tl;dr; you'll need to know a lot more about what's been done to your car before you can safely pull it out. The short way to an answer is to disconnect them without removing them and see what happens.

Is it still running the stock TFI coil and stock distributor, or something aftermarket? If yes, you still need the ICM and PCM. It also depends on how your fuel pump is wired - if it's still using the high-pressure fuel pump with a pressure regulator, you'll still need that circuitry. The fans are another question - and the speedometer (where or not it's using the VSS in the trans through the PCM), and if you still have AC. tl;dr; you'll need to know a lot more about what's been done to your car before you can safely pull it out. The short way to an answer is to disconnect them without removing them and see what happens.
I will try that then haha, I’ll unplug it and then find out what doesn’t work