Cars A Total Mutt. What The Hell Battery Tray Should I Order?. Pics

KyleEBK

Jan 27, 2008
So I am trying to order a battery tray kit from 50resto for my 1984 mustang svo, I have ran into a lot of issues with parts not matching what they should be and such ( it was a 92 5.0 engine in it and the accessories are like from a pre 86, its all weird) so I am here to ask for help. there is a kit for 79-86 and one for a 87 to 93, I have some pics here posted to help ya decide which kit I need. HELP PLEASE

battery tray1.jpg
battery tray1.jpg
battery tray 2.jpg

I was also wondering if its possible to add another battery tray on the air filter side of the vehicle
filterside1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

honestly I have no idea lol, shuld they be plugged in to something? the car was originally a 2.3liter turbo, somone put a 5.0 ho in it though the starter solenoid is on the drivers side of the car

I understand what ur saying but that I'm asking is which of the 2 kits do I need? I would normally jus order the 79-86 and be done with it nut would be nice to hear from somone who can identify the 79-86 kit as being the correct one

Are you restoring it to '84 SVO specs?

If so, the battery tray goes on drivers side.

Pre86 V8 had the battery on pass side. I'd prob order the 79-86 Kit just St because your chassis is '84

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

ill see what the kit looks like when it arrives, maybe I can put 1 on each side, have a monster audio setup and have 3 group 31 agms in the back and cant add any more weight back there without the car rubbing on tires back there