Cars crushed for street racing....

• Sponsors (?)

Although what they were doing was bad, both street racing and "souping up" imports... that still hurts from a car enthusiast standpoint. Those guys were putting all their money and work into those cars and seeing them crushed in front of their eyes is painful to watch.

But then again, I don't feel bad because their stupid and don't use their heads, i.e. take it to a track...

so screw 'em lol

Although what they were doing was bad, both street racing and "souping up" imports... that still hurts from a car enthusiast standpoint. Those guys were putting all their money and work into those cars and seeing them crushed in front of their eyes is painful to watch.

But then again, I don't feel bad because their stupid and don't use their heads, i.e. take it to a track...

so screw 'em lol

I feel the same way from a enthusiast view....

Maybe this will finally get the point across. I'm not saying I'm immune from street racing, but I never, ever instigate it. The furthest I'll do is off the line then I'll let them go flying by me, it's annoying pulling up to every light with someone revving at you are staring you down. But I think I'd cry if I watched my car get crushed.

I saw this on another forum as well and everyones missing the point that these cars also had stolen engines and transmissions in them. They were not crushed solely for streetracing, its just another media ploy to blow something out of proportion and act like the cops are fighting another "epidemic", right now its street racing, next it will be obese children or something.

I saw this on another forum as well and everyones missing the point that these cars also had stolen engines and transmissions in them. They were not crushed solely for streetracing, its just another media ploy to blow something out of proportion and act like the cops are fighting another "epidemic", right now its street racing, next it will be obese children or something.

Maybe they will crush doughnuts infront of fat children. LOL

so screw 'em lol

You don't think that it could happen to you because you drive a Mustang, or maybe even a little older than these kids?

In all 50 states that are so-called united, it is against the law to even change your air filters to anything other than what was originally equipped. If you have an actual law book, the one that the officer tends to flash in your face when he pulls you over, you will realize that 99% of the cars on this board could technically be crushed.

Stolen parts can also be red herring to sway you into thinking well they lost their rides because they were racing on the street and had stolen parts so that means they are dirty and deserve it.

Lets say you put a new tranny in your car and it's under investigation, oh man the year stamped on the side does not match the production year, surely because you drive a hot rod it must have stolen parts.

I like how the law flexes ignorant muscle. How about we chop some wangers off of molestors and rapists, second offense requires off with the head with the brain. Of course we won't do that, prisons are over crowded so they are out on a 5 year stretch.

In my local area they offer a test n tune night, but it is a joke because it is over crowded. When the local track first opened it was 5 bucks to get in and 5 dollars to run 20 passes if you chose to. Now its 15 to get in and 25 to run to maybe get two runs in. Get racing off of the street? How so? The government allows capitalists thinking, building or whatever it is we call it: 500hp cobra for what, top speed in the US is 80 during the day in Texas. Mini-vans that will do 120 for what, faster to the grave with your family?

None of this is directed soley at you, but as a rude awakening to all enthusiasts.

Gun owners have gun ranges that are open 6 days a week, what do car people have?

You don't think that it could happen to you because you drive a Mustang, or maybe even a little older than these kids?

In all 50 states that are so-called united, it is against the law to even change your air filters to anything other than what was originally equipped. If you have an actual law book, the one that the officer tends to flash in your face when he pulls you over, you will realize that 99% of the cars on this board could technically be crushed.

Stolen parts can also be red herring to sway you into thinking well they lost their rides because they were racing on the street and had stolen parts so that means they are dirty and deserve it.

Lets say you put a new tranny in your car and it's under investigation, oh man the year stamped on the side does not match the production year, surely because you drive a hot rod it must have stolen parts.

I like how the law flexes ignorant muscle. How about we chop some wangers off of molestors and rapists, second offense requires off with the head with the brain. Of course we won't do that, prisons are over crowded so they are out on a 5 year stretch.

In my local area they offer a test n tune night, but it is a joke because it is over crowded. When the local track first opened it was 5 bucks to get in and 5 dollars to run 20 passes if you chose to. Now its 15 to get in and 25 to run to maybe get two runs in. Get racing off of the street? How so? The government allows capitalists thinking, building or whatever it is we call it: 500hp cobra for what, top speed in the US is 80 during the day in Texas. Mini-vans that will do 120 for what, faster to the grave with your family?

None of this is directed soley at you, but as a rude awakening to all enthusiasts.

Gun owners have gun ranges that are open 6 days a week, what do car people have?

lol its not aganist the law to mod your car. Go look up when they tried to pass a ban on catback exhaust, it was thrown in their face. Trying to ban modding cars violates your rights because by banning car mods they are assuming that you use those mods to street race or break the law. Anyways....

Aftermarket parts will also not come up as stolen. The reason the parts in those peoples cars are listed as stolen is because either the vin number on the specfic part, say the engine or trans of course, matches a number of a car that was in fact stolen, or the vin numbers were scratched off which is aganist the law even if it isnt stolen. Aftermarket parts do not have "vin" numbers, and to think that a cop would assume they were stolen is almost laughable if you have receipts to proove that you in fact bought these parts, which I myself keep all my reciepts just for fun anyways.

I am not one that is aganist street racing, theres a difference between doing pulls on the highway at 3am and weaving through traffic obviously, and cops take this into consideration. They do not build robots to enforce the law, they hire humans to do it because it is supposed to be enforced with discression.

Well i think that now the people that are street racing. Know if there going to get stoped for racing there just going to start running from the cop's and end up wrecking and killing other people so either way there really not doing much good in crushing there cars. And taking it to the track would be the best thing. Like notchbck93 said you go to the track and are lucky to get two passes in. The other week i was at the track and the cops where siting out side the track waiting on people to leave and pull them over, seen two car get stoped and they wheren't even doing anything. I have no respect for cops. Writing speeding tickets and s**t like that is crap. The should be across town get the drug dealers.

AT our local track they had the same thing, cops sitting outside. I have a few tracks around me, ATL Dragway being the closest, but I actually drive 2.5 hours to the track in Reynolds, GA b/c it is usually not crowded and its 25 bucks to get in and I usually get around 15 runs in.