Cars PAINTED, 45 or so pics!

Personal questions that you don't have to answer if you don't want to.....

How do you afford that shiite (ie Audi, custom Stang)? Parents help pay for it?

If you paid for it on your own.... what do you do for a living?

I'd have to assume you still live at home?

Reason I ask is because you're 22 years old and have a nice DD and you just dropped some $$$$ on that paint job not to mention all the other little shiite involved with it...

• Sponsors (?)

Well I will say this, I pay for my own stuff. I did have the parents help by loaning me the money so I didnt have to pay huge interest rates from banks and stuff, but what I own, I pay for. I have been working since i was 14, odd jobs with my dad and then steady work all through High School and College, and recently got a job as a draftsman for an architectural woodworking firm. I basically enginner cabinets, wainscot, moulding, and all kinds of other things for high end companies (just did the new cabinets and such for ESPN Studios). Its not glamorous, but pays well.

The paint for the car was probably an 1/8th what it should have cost. I did all the work myself other than the actual blocking the car out and spraying it, and had my dads school do it, which cost me $100 (no kidding).

As far as the new DD, I needed something better than my Reef Blue hatch, and wanted a 4 door manual tranny car. I looked at a bunch and found either high mileage, or stories that didnt match up. Finally grabbed this one for a good deal, and love the thing.

The reason for living at home is I am starting a course on yacht design and when that kicks in I will be working 40+ hours a week as well as 2-3 hours a day on the yacht design stuff. For me it is just smarter to stay home, have no real bills (other than car payments, insurance, phone, etc...) and wait to move out when I get a job at a yacht company.

No worries, I have no problem answering questions. I am one of the people who works hard enough to get the things he wants, but still leaves time for himself!

I gotta say, if this car is finished off as well and tasteful as it has been so far, this will be my favorite looking fox. I love it, so far. Everything from wheel choice to paint. Beautiful job. I couldn't have dreampt up anything better. Keep her going.

~Jeff

Thanks for the responses guys. I really do love this car more and more everyday, and after a wet sand, buff and some pinstriping, I think it will be where I want it. Its a huge step but i think well worth the wait.

The lights should compliment it perfectly. I saw them and knew I wouldnt be happy without them. the bulbs though, where should I get those from, I dont want to the egg yolk effect.

Here was the original photoshop I did to inspire me. Like Chip Foose, I drew it and then built from that!

510784_302_full.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys. I really do love this car more and more everyday, and after a wet sand, buff and some pinstriping, I think it will be where I want it. Its a huge step but i think well worth the wait.

The lights should compliment it perfectly. I saw them and knew I wouldnt be happy without them. the bulbs though, where should I get those from, I dont want to the egg yolk effect.

Here was the original photoshop I did to inspire me. Like Chip Foose, I drew it and then built from that!

510784_302_full.jpg

you can get the bulbs at www.stealthauto.com

IMO, needs the rest of the Saleen kit added to it, wing included. Or if you are into that super clean LX look (I am not) then lose the Saleen front air dam. Sweet car, at any rate. Two tones look fantastic, again, IMO.

hold on hold on... there is a foxbody guy out there that wont put a cowl on a car that doesnt require it?!!!!! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

just joshin ya:D

Yeah I know. I actually have a 4" cowl that I was going to put on, but decided not to, and think it was a better choice.

I debated the whole Saleen kit (never the wing though) and decided I didnt want that look. I do love the look of the lower front valance and stock LX sides. Just what I decided to do!

Hey I give you props man, your doing well for yourself. Its funny Ive been working full time since I was 14, finished high school, and have my last day of college tommorow and im broke and my stang is too haha. Life goes on, again awesome car, can't wait to see when its all put together!