Casting Numbers Help Please

Dan93SVT

May 11, 2014
So I'm in the process of building up a motor to put in my 93 Cobra and I'm gonna store the original motor and I was looking over my car tonight and I noticed my lower intake does not have a Ford parts casting number just a firing order cast in with a 0213 cast on the right of the distributor, also I noticed my heads have the 3 bars but a 21 and 22 cast in where the GT should be I've search the internet with no luck if anybody could shed some light on this matter I would appreciate it! Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks! I was just curious as to why my GT40 3 bar heads have a 21 and 22 where the GT should be and I did read somewhere that the production 93 Cobra lower only had the firing order cast on it but I also read it should have a F3ZE on it, I'm not finding much searching the internet

Pics are upside down for some reason

Attachments

• IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    497.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    319.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
The head with "21" you're looking at the wrong end of the head. "GT" is on the corner of the head near cylinder #1/#8. That pic is of the corner near cylinder #5.

Last edited:
The #1 cylinder has a 22 cast and the #5 cylinder has 21 cast, I'm not all that concerned I was just curious I know the car is a 93 Cobra and I'm pulling the original motor to store and putting in a mild 331

If you see a "22" just outside of the valve cover on the passenger side head you're looking at the wrong end of the head. I already know you're looking at the wrong end of the "21" driver side head because I can see the oil filter, which is below cyl #5. The "GT" casting mark is on the other end of the head, by cyl #8. The "GT" casting mark is also between the #1/#8 spark plug and the corner lower head bolt.