Cause Of Odometer & Trip Odom Not Working.

jackass i think i listed 3 things for sale in these forums, and believe it not they all sold so i could give a rats ass what u say. second, doesn't it make alot more sense to check a fuse first before u start taking a gauge cluster out. u ask where i came from, where did u come from? is this your website? i think not, your a member just like me and i am entitled to type whatever the **** i want. u joined because u obviously love the hobby and that is the reason i joined so dont knock me because i told u 2 check a fuse. if u had any automotive knowledge at all u would know the first thing in any automotive problem is check the basics.

• Sponsors (?)

95cobradude said:
jackass i think i listed 3 things for sale in these forums, and believe it not they all sold so i could give a rats ass what u say. second, doesn't it make alot more sense to check a fuse first before u start taking a gauge cluster out. u ask where i came from, where did u come from? is this your website? i think not, your a member just like me and i am entitled to type whatever the **** i want. u joined because u obviously love the hobby and that is the reason i joined so dont knock me because i told u 2 check a fuse. if u had any automotive knowledge at all u would know the first thing in any automotive problem is check the basics.

Dude you need to tone it down a lil' :ZipIt: I know i have checked fuses, and i am pretty sure that RC has as well. When your posts present you as a dip$hit, you will get treated like one......

Have a nice day :nice:

jason

95cobradude said:
jackass i think i listed 3 things for ....so i could give a rats ass what u say. ....i am entitled to type whatever the **** i want.

MY POINT EXACTLY.

Cobradude said:
dont knock me because i told u 2 check a fuse. if u had any automotive knowledge at all u would know the first thing in any automotive problem is check the basics.

It's the WAY you said it:

that odometer, trip **** is electric, did u check the fuse? there is a fuse for it u know.

RC

bipolar cobradude, thats real original let me tell ya. u guys can type whatever u want, it will never bother me. i am here to help out numskulls like yourselves and if u dont like it then dont read what i post, but remember to check the basics first because ultimately u guys are the ones who look like the dip****s.

Yes I'm the thread digger. I finally got around to taking out the cluster and it is the black gear shown in the pic by reject. Where can I find that gear? Also any special way to remove the old and install the new?

94_302 said:
Yes I'm the thread digger. I finally got around to taking out the cluster and it is the black gear shown in the pic by reject. Where can I find that gear? Also any special way to remove the old and install the new?
Glad to see you back around...need to hookup sometime.

Now...back to the gears!!!

RC

Well, after getting the pinewood derby cars finished, and getting caught up on some house stuff, I took out the bezel, and everything seemed to be fine, including the little gears.
The WF gauges are not causing the speedometer to stick

What else could I check....
As a reminder...ONLY the Speedometer and odometer (both trip and regular) are not working.

RC

the trans wiring harness is one all its own....... It comes from passenger side firewall area..... plugs into the main harness there, should run across the firewall a bit, and then drop to under the car.....

Only two plugs go into the tranny if i remember correctly, one is for revers and has two prongs, and the other is the vss, it will be the funny looking one. Hope you get it straightened out. :nice:

jason

well the one pic where it shows the little clip held onto the bellhousing by one bolt, the clip looks like a c with and extended backside.....hard to explain, anyway remove that bolt, and slide it out, your auto will be different, but close i think........ there is a plastic gear on there... see if it is chewed up, or if it may be not turning, VSS may be bad, i don't know though..

jason

BTW>>>> how doyou guys get your titles....i want one......

don't know what though...maybe someone could make me one up....been around alittle while..... what about

Official Cheap A$$.......lol

jason