CD Error HELP

• Sponsors (?)

The 6 disc changers are JUNK.. We have a ton of issues with these units, only 2 things you can do.

1. go to the dealer for a exchange unit, we get these things rebuilt from a supplier that is contracted with ford. and when the exchange it request that they send back your cd's ... Sometimes the contracted electronics shop will be nice and send the cd's back.

2. buy a used unit off of somebody and break open your old one to remove cd's

Remember never use cd's with any kind of label on them.

Okay, this is not a FIX, but it does work for me. Find an old junk cd and press the eject disc button. Doesn't matter which disc. While it is trying to eject the disc, try to insert the junk disc into the cd player about halfway and pull it back out. Usually for me, the disc you are trying to eject will come out to. Then the error message should go away. This has happened to me about 5 times.

I quit loading up 6 discs in mine because of jamming and "CD Error" problems. Now I only load one disc (in slot #1) at a time, seems to have reduced the problem. But it sux that now I have, in effect, a 1 disc changer.
:(

Someday a new head unit will be mine, oh yes... :D

Never had a problem with mine. I know with DVD players if you get a
defective or incompatable disc stuck inside there is a trick to get it
to eject. You have to hold down on 2 different buttons similtaniously
for like 10 seconds. I had to call pioneer tech line to find out how to do it.
When it comes to CD or DVD players, you cant rush them, you have to let
them do there thing before you start pushing buttons too fast.
I would try to find a owners manual or call the manufacturor.

I will sometimes get the error and with it, a nice buzzing in the speakers. Usually a quick, solid hit from the heel of my palm on the side of the console or the face of the changer (not hard enough to break anything...) will dislodge whatever is stuck.

I will sometimes get the error and with it, a nice buzzing in the speakers. Usually a quick, solid hit from the heel of my palm on the side of the console or the face of the changer (not hard enough to break anything...) will dislodge whatever is stuck.

I broke the face of mine when I did that. LOL I've had two Mustangs, an 02 V6 w/ Mach460 and my 04 GT with basic CD player and both of them did it. I finaly said fu** it and went and bought a Pioneer CD Player with Sirius and IPOD and I love it. I can control everyrthing with my remote and no more messing around with FM adapters and all that crap. :nice:

Plus who listens to CDs anymore dosen't every one have an IPOD? LOL I used to have a bag in my car with about 100CDs in it now I have all those songs in my Glove box, on my IPOD.

I broke the face of mine when I did that. LOL I've had two Mustangs, an 02 V6 w/ Mach460 and my 04 GT with basic CD player and both of them did it. I finaly said fu** it and went and bought a Pioneer CD Player with Sirius and IPOD and I love it. I can control everyrthing with my remote and no more messing around with FM adapters and all that crap. :nice:

Plus who listens to CDs anymore dosen't every one have an IPOD? LOL I used to have a bag in my car with about 100CDs in it now I have all those songs in my Glove box, on my IPOD.

My factory CD player went south on me well over a year ago. Had eject problems that got slowly more frequent. I finally put in an aftermarket head unit with MP3 capabilities, HD radio and an external in option. I am loving it. As far as using cds, I use MP3 cds. You can fit a bunch of Led Zepplin albums on 1 cd. Do you really need anything else ?

Tried this when I got home tonight and it worked! I barely hit the side of the console and it started playing the disc it was stuck on. :D

i take a I.D. card or something of that nature and stick it in when i press eject....instead of sticking it in all the way...stick it in a little and press down gently and it gets that motor going and out spits the CD...it works everytime for me....as for as i know...nothing is worse since i've been doing this...just annoying jammed CD's

Did you guys ever see the sticker on the top of them that says "SCRAP IF DROPPED" "DO NOT PLAY UPSIDE DOWN"

HAHA...that is crazy. Anyways, even if never removed or dropped they had trouble with them. They are convenient, but just poorly designed.