CD/Radio install in 94 GT

I put a new radio in my car awhile back. The problem I'm having is the cd, aux, and usb dont work only the stereo portion works. I followed the instructions as best I could. But the car had duel decks cd lower and radio upper. Do I need to combine the two different wiring harness to get full function? Or is it possible I bought a bad deck? I only used the upper wiring harness. I figured it had memory power, on off power and speakers that would do the trick?

• Sponsors (?)

If the radio itself and the speakers function properly, but the CD player and other features within the deck don't function, I would think the deck itself is having an issue. It might be time to contact the deck manufacturer.

I just installed a kennwood deck in mine a couple weeks ago. I used 2 out the 4 connectors if I remember correctly. What sucks about it is that its ran through the factory amp so the volume goes way past the max for the speakers and its only half way up. If you only have one harness connected then that could be the issue, but it is sounding like the deck is bad. I will try to post a pic of later to show you which ones I connected.

Ok lets see if these pics will post. I am using my government computer so it is limited on all kinds of things to include viewing pics in these threads.

The first pic is the 2 harnesses I hooked it up to. I have an extra harness laying around so I grabbed it and pointed to the 2 connections off to the side.

The second pic is just a bigger view to help show the whole harness hooked up.

Hope this helps you.

Scott

Attachments

• IMAG0502.jpg
    IMAG0502.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0503.jpg
    IMAG0503.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 137
sorry ... i can be kinda dense sometimes ... are you saying you used to have the CD thing seperate, but now it is built into your new head unit?

I recently put in a new head unit (radio/CD/AUX/Bluetooth all in one) and there were only 2 harnesses involved. If you have 4 harnesses, then maybe the original 2 were split for that installation?