CDC classic chin spoiler

demea

Oct 18, 2010
Warminster, PA
Hi. Just got mine in pre painted from American Muscle.
So whats the secret to getting it around the edge of the bumper?
Do you have to heat it up to stretch it?

There's an easy 1.5 - 2 inch distance from the edge of the bumper to the cdc when I'm test fitting it, but it IS cold out too.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have the CDC, just pull it around, it fits like a glove......just be careful to not crack the paint. It's a VERY tight fit, but just pull it around it will go.

I was thinking the same thing when I first tried getting mine on, till I just used some force and it popped right on, it fits so tight you could probably not even use the screws on the bottom (in the fenderwell) and the double sided tape and it would probably never fall off.

Spdfreak I have an 06 GT, get it!!!!! completely changes the look of the front end :D

I also recommend the smoked turn signals, you can see them on my car in this pic, NinoSport has them, I think I payed 80 or 90 bucks, they are not just covers, they are actual replacement turn signals, IMO sooooooooo much better looking than the ugly orange stock signals, Nino also has the smoked side markers for the rear bumper, like 39.00 for the pair :nice:

6795.jpg

I have the CDC, just pull it around, it fits like a glove......just be careful to not crack the paint. It's a VERY tight fit, but just pull it around it will go.

I was thinking the same thing when I first tried getting mine on, till I just used some force and it popped right on, it fits so tight you could probably not even use the screws on the bottom (in the fenderwell) and the double sided tape and it would probably never fall off.

Spdfreak I have an 06 GT, get it!!!!! completely changes the look of the front end :D

I also recommend the smoked turn signals, you can see them on my car in this pic, NinoSport has them, I think I payed 80 or 90 bucks, they are not just covers, they are actual replacement turn signals, IMO sooooooooo much better looking than the ugly orange stock signals, Nino also has the smoked side markers for the rear bumper, like 39.00 for the pair :nice:

6795.jpg

Yeah, what I'll do is heat it a bit and screw in the one side and pull it around the other side. I just DONT want to crack the paint. That would suck.
Just from holding it up against the car, I cant wait to get it on.

SOOOOOO much better looking than stock.

Thanks

No heating necessary. I got it on last night.
I attached the passenger side with the screws, wrapped it around and pulled real hard to get it around the drivers side.

Looks awesome! Very happy, thanks for the help :nice:

Thanks. I like the look alot. I MAY do the middle of the spoiler matte black, get the matte black decklid panel, 18 inch (9" front, 10" Rear) black deep dish bullitt wheels and be done with it.
I've dumped like 1800 within the past couple months into this car!

I photo shopped the picture already :D
5vpzlk.jpg

hey sweet cobra emblems! :nonono:
Why do some people gotta be pricks? Unfortunately I cannot afford a true GT500, so whats the problem with putting some Cobra emblems on MY car? Everyone knows there was not a Cobra made in 06 so its not like I'm trying to pretend its a Cobra, I just happen to like the Cobra emblems better than the GT emblems, I suppose putting the GT500 spoiler on was a :nonono: too huh? And for that matter I guess the Roush hood scoop I put on is a :nonono: as well?

I better not put the FR500 Wheels on I been looking at buying either because they are not what came on the car stock.

Smart ass.....

Thanks. I like the look alot. I MAY do the middle of the spoiler matte black, get the matte black decklid panel, 18 inch (9" front, 10" Rear) black deep dish bullitt wheels and be done with it.
I've dumped like 1800 within the past couple months into this car!

I photo shopped the picture already :D

I don't know I would leave it painted as is. I think it frames the car pretty nicely with the color matched spoiler.

Of course, with my '11 it has that same kind of "black vinyl" look around the bottom already, so it would fit to do mine the same color as Mustanglvr2006's.

I think it looks good either way, but I'm still on the fence about it.
Theres too many different directions you could go with modding these cars!

I was also thinking about black striping it, too instead of blacking out the rear panel and middle of the chin spoiler.

Decisions, decisions :)

I think it looks good either way, but I'm still on the fence about it.
Theres too many different directions you could go with modding these cars!

I'll definitely have to go along with that! You'd have to look long and hard to find two that look and are equipped the same. (excluding a large dealer lot).

And, you're probably right, it would look pretty good either way. Were you going to use the vinyl wrapping? If so you could run it that way for a while and if you don't like it, unwrap it. :D

I left my chin spoiler matte black. I tied it all into the black and chrome rims with a black vinyl rocker graphic and rear black out pannel. The black looks good with the torch red body and black rag top. The black and silver look good too.