CDC side exhaust...stay away!

mysticspirit25

Nov 10, 2003
I purchased a CDC Side exhaust for my 04 GT Conv. It sounds really great and looks nice on the sides...the front and rear "spatz" as they call them are TOTALLY WORTHLESS. I have had my car back in the shop 2 times already to have adhesive put back on them and they keep falling off. Now I have to have my front bumper cover painted again and I just ordered a reguler V6 rear apron that dosent have the exhaust holes cut out.

The parts are junk in my opinion. They just dont stay put.

Has anybody else ordered the CDC kit and had this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, I don't think that the CDC kits are crap as the part you're having problems with is the tape, which is made by 3M. So your problem is with the product from 3M. Then again, one could argue that who ever put the spats on the car didn't clean the surfaces properly. But that is purely conjecture.

I'm wondering about that too, as mine sits there waiting for paint and fitting on my 98. Screws would be outta the question just because of how ghetto it would look.

I've used JB Weld before in affixing 99 fog lights to my 98 backer plates, and they've held up great for well over two years now, but I don't know how well it would stick to the painted rocker panels and the poly eura of CDC skirts.

I'm thinking that there has to be some sort of super sticky permanent crap out there that body shops use for applications such as this, but I haven't called around looking for it yet. But that is just a thought on where to go on solving this problem.

My friend just bought the CDC kit for his '03 10th Anniv Cobra. It looks great. He did not use the rear spatz though. He had the body shop fill his original rear bumper with pieces from an old Acura bumper. They just cut pieces to fill in and fiberglassed them on and painted them. It turned out really good. If you stare at it you can tell slightly but on the '03 that part of the bumper is like a flat black so you can't tell.

Their side exhaust is not overpriced either. Go look at Roush. Now that is overpriced. I think their kit runs about $1500

I had trouble with the front spatz so I left them off and I think it looks fine. The rear ones stayed great, probably due to being able to "pop" rivet the bottom flage. I liked the CDC and thought they fit much better than Cervinis..
Bob