CEL getting these codes

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
Syracuse, NY
334 - DPFE or EVP circuit above the closed limit of 0.67 volts.
172 - HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean (right side)
176 - HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean (left side)

would bad o2 sensors cause the 172 and 176? it smells like its running rich(24lb injectors w/pro-m MAF), havnt pulled any plugs yet to see what color they are, ill do that after the motor cools

whats the 334 all about?

• Sponsors (?)

could the 334 be from having my smog pump lines hooked up wrong? my gt40p heads werent drilled for smog so i capped off one of the outputs on the smog lines (bottom one) and am just running the line to the o/r prochamber

EVP is the sensor for the EGR.

A vac leak, ill tune, bad O2's, etc could cause the lean codes.

Good luck.

But both O2's are indicating a lean condition. I would guess that you have a vacuum leak and it could be at the EGR.

Do a visual of all vacuum lines, and get a gauge and do a vacuum check and see how many inches of vacuum you are holding at idle. Stock should be around 22 inches and should be rock steady, the needle shouldn't be bouncing around.

My guess is you will see a huge crack in one of the lines, or one is busted.
Scott

If the car is smelling rich it's because the computer has recognized that there is a lean issue so it's dumping fuel. Change O2's every 30,000 miles or so. If they've been changed recently simply turn your fuel pressure up 3-4psi through an adjustable fuel reg. if you have one. If you don't own one I would recommend you getting one.