Center Console Delete Kit

Dane Brahler

Sep 2, 2016

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170504-154501.png
    Screenshot_20170504-154501.png
    919.3 KB · Views: 1,489
  • Sponsors (?)

I think it looks nice. If they made one for 87-93 I would buy one. My center console rattles and creaks a little bit. I also noticed it is no longer available. Hope they make more.

Last edited:
I think it looks nice. If they made one for 87-93 I would buy one. My center console rattles and creaks a little bit. I also noticed it is no longer available. Hope they make more.

1990 mustangs came without the armrest and have a delete in it's place.
When my car was a daily driver I wanted the armrest, a few years back I took it back off and put the delete back in it's place, so much quieter and never flips open and back and dumps my stuff in the back seat.

As for that kit above, looks nice, but does carbon fiber really go with the look inside a fox?
And at $270, that's an awful lot to pay to delete something.

Looks like their site has some cool stuff, but using multiple pieces would be crazy expensive.

I had one 90 with and one without the armrest. Do you have a link to verify they didn't come with them? I just assumed it was an option.

Ford did it on the early 1990 Mustangs, but then midway through the year brought them back.

My parts car I got my black interior from was a 1990 me had the delete. I wasn't a huge fan of riding around without it, and sourced a black armrest as quick as I could.

Now that the car is a toy, I should look into the delete again.

I have seen someone do a full console delete on an 87+. It consisted of an early model shifter trim from the non console early years, with some custom fabrication of the original console to clean up the HVAC area. No radio, so the trans hump was visible and they tucked all wiring up high. Looked really nice. Appears the bought a new carpet and then trimmed as little as possible to clean it up as an oem 87+ carpet is fairly Swiss cheesed under the console

Edit: after all that I saw you were looked for pre-87

Now that the car is a toy, I should look into the delete again.

Give it a try if you saved the delete platel(I think they even make repros cheap), unless you go on really long drives, you probably aren't going to miss anything about that armrest. Interior looks a lot cleaner without it too.

Give it a try if you saved the delete platel(I think they even make repros cheap), unless you go on really long drives, you probably aren't going to miss anything about that armrest. Interior looks a lot cleaner without it too.

Sold it off a while back. I wonder if a repro would match up well.