Center console possibilities?

• Sponsors (?)

94-2003 taurus console? So is this the console you were thinking of?

trs_pgintpop1.jpg

trs_pgintpop3.jpg

Well anything's possible. Have you taken measurements of the console and the area etc between the seats in the car? DO you have any fiberglass experiance?

I've done quite a bit of research on adapting late-model consoles into a classic, and the SHO is a great choice. Its actually the model I'd like to adapt to mine, but one of the reasons is because its one of the few newer consoles that doesn't have provisions for an e-brake. If I were going with a tunnel-mounted brake, I would think your selection would be greater for late-model consoles. I wouldn't necessarily do a late-model
Mustang console though, as it has a very distinctive look, and flows into the radio/HVAC stack, and wouldn't look right just ending at a classic dash.

Here are the SHO consoles. 1 is from an early SHO (89-91) and one from a later SHO (92-96ish?).

Attachments

• shocenterconsole2.jpg
    shocenterconsole2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 216
that is the exact console I can get. I think i'll get it and if anything put it in the Grande. I figured for a late model stang console try to work w/ some fiberglass and have it mold into the classic dash b/c it might be pulled off vs. the earlier stangs. I'd say though 69-70 would pull it off the best.

Blake and TSW - Please let me know how it turns out, I've been trying to come up with a nice modern console as well. Those Taurus consoles look like they will work pretty easily. Where did you find those consoles?

Tim

65 fastback said:
Blake and TSW - Please let me know how it turns out, I've been trying to come up with a nice modern console as well. Those Taurus consoles look like they will work pretty easily. Where did you find those consoles?

Tim

The pics I got from old ebay searches. The thing is, my search is specific to the SHO as it is the only Taurus that came with a manual transmission. Even though, for now, I have a C4, I think a manual console would work best.