Cervinis 4" and 2.5" cowl hoods - Please post pics

Ghost001

Dec 9, 2002
California
Hello,

I'm thinking about getting a Cervinis 4" or 2.5" cowl hood, bolt-on (not lift-off), probably with the finished underside liner. I hear the quality and fit are good, and I like the screened rear vents. I also like the fact that it comes with a white gel coat, which will sort of match my white Stang, so that I can wait awhile to get it painted (I'm thinking of getting the whole Stang painted red someday, but I'm not in any hurry).

Here's the listing for the 4" version:

87-93 4” Cowl Induction Hood, Part#121, Price:$459.00,
Material: fiberglass. Features screened rear air vents. Finished underside liner can be painted for show quality appearance.

Here's the URL, although you may have to scroll down a bit:

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1122#105

The photos on the Cervinis web site are okay, but I'd really like to see more pics.

I'd like to get an idea of how sharp the cowl edges are (those 2 raised edges that go from the front of the hood to the back of the hood - I like sharp edges).

Any angle pics and side view pics would be nice.

I'd also like to see pics of the underside (both with and without the finished underside liner), and the screened rear vents, if anyone has them.

Does anyone have any photos of the Cervinis 4" or 2.5" cowl hood, that they'd care to show off?

• Sponsors (?)

I just went to www.DesignConceptsAuto.com, and it said that their 87-93 cowl hoods don't have a full hood liner. Also, I've heard that the holes in the back are not cut out, that you have to cut them out yourself. I guess that means there are no screens for the vents. I guess, if I didn't want vents, then that would be a good thing. Other than that, I have heard good things about them.

Some people don't want the vents in the back because at driving speeds it puts positive pressure in the engine compartment... making less air go through the radiator.
Kevin

Hey cervini is a great choice in hoods.. just to let u kno they are out of the 2.5" cowl i think.. i got the 4" and test fitted it and it was great... but never installed it because i had to go to inspection.. but its not too much or too little will have pics by end of this week if that helps

wgpaintballer said:
Hey cervini is a great choice in hoods.. just to let u kno they are out of the 2.5" cowl i think.. i got the 4" and test fitted it and it was great... but never installed it because i had to go to inspection.. but its not too much or too little will have pics by end of this week if that helps

Cool, thanks!

I've been debating whether to get the 4" or the 2.5". I like the 4", because it gives me more "room to grow", even though I don't even really need the 2.5" yet.

Sicarius428 said:
Some people don't want the vents in the back because at driving speeds it puts positive pressure in the engine compartment... making less air go through the radiator.
Kevin

I thought that was only true for the extended cowl hood, the one that goes all the way back to the window. But, I'm no expert.

I had a cowl hood on my old Mustang, with a vent in the back, and it did seem to keep the engine bay cooler. At least, that engine bay seemed way cooler than my current engine bay, when I raise the hood after driving. However, my old Stang was a 2002 GT, with the plastic valve covers. It did have a metal intake, though.

I have thought about getting the CDC hood, and leaving it with no vents, because I've thought it would be nice to never have to worry about rain getting under the hood in the back, even in a downpour with the car parked outside.

wgpaintballer said:

By the way, does yours have the underhood liner? I'd like to see what that looks like. Even if it doesn't have the liner, I'd like to see what the underside looks like.

I'd also like to see how the vents look, from the back, if you have a chance to take a photo of that.

Also, do you know if the Cervinis underhood liner is supposed to dampen engine noise? If you have it, does it look like it would dampen engine noise?