Paint and Body Cervinis ram air hood on a 94 'vert

JJP3

Jul 8, 2001
New Market, MD
Thinking about putting a Cervini's ram air hood with the ram air kit on my 94 convertible. I'm worried that the ram air kit won't clear the strut tower brace. I e-mailed Cervinis and didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about their answer. They said it would "probably" clear just fine. I don't really want to spend $900 on a hood that won't fit. Has anybody put the ram air kit on a 94 convertible with the stock strut tower brace?
BeachCarSquare.png

• Sponsors (?)

It’s not like the ram air kit will really do anything for you anyways... And I’m not a big fan of that hood but if you like, go for it.

If you’re dead set on the ram air kit, just take off your strut tower brace and see if you notice anything (you probably won’t) before buying it. I’ve had 2 sn’s that I had to remove them to clear intakes and didn’t notice a bit of difference. Neither one were verts though so that may factor in.

I guess there is no accounting for taste. I really like the ram air hood, and if I'm going to have holes in my hood I want them to be functional :)

I'm definitely not removing the brace. I had an 87 convertible before this one, and the cowl shake was very noticeable around corners. I actually took it back to the dealer because I thought there was something wrong with it. They informed me that the convertibles are just really flexible and I would have to live with it. The '94 was much better and improved even more when I had subframe connectors welded in. Could just be the difference between a fox body and sn95, but I'm not going to risk removing the brace.

The sn’s have a much stiffer firewall. If you remove it and don’t like it just but it back on. It won’t hurt anything to try it out.

My 95 puts down 422hp and I don’t notice any flex without my brace or subframe connectors.

Awesome, RaggedGT. That is what I was hoping to hear. Just to be clear, do you have the ram air kit on it too (ducts to the air cleaner)? That's another reason I'm wanting the hood. My old K&N filter is getting pretty tired and it isn't a cold air kit. It just sucks hot air from the engine compartment. I figure as long as I'm going to replace the air filter, why not get a hood to go with it, right? (My wife questions my logic)

Reactions: 1 user
Yup,I have the filter housing that seals to the hood with a drop in Air Hogg filter

Edit: The ducting is made into the hood,and seals to the air box when the hood is closed (just in case you didn’t know.) lol
454F6D59-D4BB-457E-ACFF-74683114B458.png