Chalenged by an F-150

• Sponsors (?)

TAP4636 said:
Yeah but what fun is it to get destroyed? That's like asking for a beating.

No offense, but I would reconsider that school of thought, especially if you are ever cruzin through Dallas / Austin area... Ya just never know, and mine does NOT whine at idle. :D

This is not the only turbocharged F-150 running around either. It weighs more than a Mustang, but both at 16 PSI, this truck made 100 FT/LBS more than an '04 Cobra on the same dyno day.

0013.jpg

Attachments

• 0013.jpg
    0013.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 94
Yep don't take trucks too lightly you can never tell what some nut has done to them. I know of a couple highly modded Dodge Dakotas,Silverados, and a couple of Rangers that would molest a stock 05 GT.

Up North and out in Cali people get their kicks modding econoboxes. In Texas people hot rod trucks. :D

good kill, i guess - you should be able to whoop up on a n/a f-150. however, a harley davidson edition, from 2002-03 would give you a run, especially if its modded (most of them are- mine with a pulley swap, intake, exhaust and a tune is just over 400/500 at the wheels), and well, a lightning, which we all know about im sure. as for the camaro race - it would be a good one, gt auto vs. z28 stick. however, i wouldnt exactly test your luck versus a auto z28 or trans am anytime soon. all those guys need is a good tune and a converter, and they are dipping well into the 12s. i have a 99 camaro ss that threw down 305/320 at the wheels (dynojet) bone stock, no intake, no tune, no exhaust, nothin. all it had was a pro 5.0 shifter in it. the car however is a bitch to launch, therefore it would be a decent race versus the gt, but these ls1 cars pull so damn hard in high rpms, even though they might be more on the 'ugly' side.

Low 13's is not common for a stock ls1, With a great driver, they will be lucky to pull off a mid to upper 13. I have checked this on my old vette forums. They are very quick and inexpensive right now too.. Which is why I am installing a Kenne bell sc this weekend! I got spanked by a C5 last year and I swore i wouldn't bring the stang out of storage until it could compete!

CatmanJJ said:
Though the facotry ratings are close, the actual rwhp are not, most dyno well over 300 hp stock, espeically the later '02s with the LS6 stuff on them. LS1 Z28s and Trans Ams are nothing to scoff at. They've been known to put a hurting on many of Mustangs over the years, so I wouldn't be so cocky.

While I've been driving stangs since I was 16, I have always been impressed with the ls1 f bodies. My 2 best friends have a 98 Trans Am AUTO and a 2005 Mustang GT AUTO. They did a little street run the other day ran dead even according to both of them. The Stang is stock the Trans Am is lightly modded (a little exhaust, cai and big american racings with 315's in the rear)

I had predicted the TA would get the win repeatedly. Glad to be wrong!