Chance to put a Cobra T-56 in my GT - Should I buy this?

tewetzel

Founding Member
Aug 21, 2001
Wichita, KS
Stock '03 Cobra T-56, ~10,000 miles
Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft
Triax shifter
Brand new (not even installed yet) RPS Stage 3 10.5" clutch with Synergy flywheel

I can get it for $2k locally. I know for sure that this guy takes care of his car, changes the fluids often, and doesn't power-shift. His car makes 600rwhp+, but he hasn't even changed the stock clutch yet.

What do you guys think? Is this something where if I never put it in, I can recoupe my money putting it on ebay?

Also, anybody know how much I can get for a 35,000 mile T-45 that whines slightly in 3rd gear? From my 2000 GT.

• Sponsors (?)

Tim, if you have the budget, then go for it. All of that for 2k is a great deal. An install/tranny kit from D&D is $2800. And that doesn't include an aftermarker shifter or clutch/flywheel.

And if you don't put it on, I'll buy it from you for $1. :D

Spreadman said:
Tim, if you have the budget, then go for it. All of that for 2k is a great deal. An install/tranny kit from D&D is $2800. And that doesn't include an aftermarker shifter or clutch/flywheel.

And if you don't put it on, I'll buy it from you for $1. :D
You're alive....

For 2 grand and little miles thats a deal. I'd be tempted to get it myself if I had the cash.

tewetzel said:
Can I really get that much out of a T-45 that whines in 3rd gear?
The whining could be something as simple as your stop bolts on your shifter are too close to the handle, and it's touching. Typically if it's whining in one gear, it should whine in 1st and 5th. But that sounds like your stop bolts.

So if yours is in good condition, and low miles, then I'd say you should be able to get $500 for it. But that's my opinion.

Spreadman said:
The whining could be something as simple as your stop bolts on your shifter are too close to the handle, and it's touching. Typically if it's whining in one gear, it should whine in 1st and 5th. But that sounds like your stop bolts.

So if yours is in good condition, and low miles, then I'd say you should be able to get $500 for it. But that's my opinion.
It didn't change when I switched shifters. I drove it to work one day, no noise. Pulled out of the parking lot for lunch and 3rd gear started whining. That's been over 2yrs ago. :shrug: