Changing combo a little, out of the box thinking

zenboy99

Founding Member
May 12, 2002
Madison, WI
I've decided to make my car one giant science experiment.

I noticed on my Tweecer that my KAM's kept maxing out at 1.25, found out my Performer intake was cracked! So I stumbled upon a Holley Systemax intake that I got for a great deal. Now I realize this is probably a little too big for my NA 302, but I figured what the heck. I also bought an aluminum Fidanza flywheel and Accufab 75mm Throttle Body that I'll be putting on soon. I'm curious to see how my powerband changes, unfortunately our local dyno shut down so I may have to wait awhile to dyno test it.

Some of you may remember that I did an ET comparison between a Performer and Performer RPM on my combo. Didn't see too much of a difference.

I'm hoping to save up some extra $$$ and run a 4.10 or 4.30 gear

I've got a 408W that I'm piecing together that will go in next winter, but I figure I'd play with this combo for a little bit and see if I can run low 12's on Micky Thompson drag radials.

• Sponsors (?)

I think the limiting factor will be the cam. The ports on the Systemax are huge compared to the Performer, but they taper down to the same size at the head.

Its nice not having to drive this car to work everyday, that way I can do things like this without worrying about driveability.

I might have trouble fitting in this intake, its bigger than the Performer, I had to take off the hood blanket to make sure my 0.375" spacer would fit.

I also have an MSD 6 digital ignition and solid bushing adjustable UCA's.