charges changed for a ticket?

deadlast

Mar 30, 2005
Belmont, MA
back in october, i spun out and hit a curb, breaking my rim and needed the car towed. The cop wrote me a ticket for greater than resonable ($100) and harsh noise ($50) i finally got my court date the other day, which will be on 1/26. But, on the paper i got it has differnet violations written down. Now it says speeding ($100) and illegal operation ($50)

Im a little confused, and i dont know if they messed up, or they can do this. if its going by this new one, i dont see how i can loose. i took a U turn a little too fast, maybe 15mph which is not speeding... or atleast not enough speeding to get fined $100, and I wasnt doing anything illegal... help please

• Sponsors (?)

IDK MA state laws but here in FL we write the common term on the ticket along with the state statute number. In the mail you'll receive a notice with the official definition of the statute from the law books. For example, we write on the ticket "speeding 65 in a 50 mph zone" or on another ticket write "peeling out". The notice you get will say "Unlawful Speed" and "Improper start from park". It corresponds to the staute number in the law books.