Chassis difference from 02-03?!?

Mean03V6

Jan 28, 2004
Houston, Texas
I ran into a problem that I really wasn't expecting while trying to install my latest modification. The shop that does all the work on my car told me that the BBK strut tower brace for the 99-02 models won't work on the 03. I wasn't aware of any changes being made, but they told me that the drill holes in the firewall are in a different position on the 03 than the 02, which makes the strut brace stick out about 2 inches too far forward of the strut towers. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to be sure that it won't fit before I have to send it back. BBK swears that it WILL fit, but even looking at the part myself, I don't see how because it overhangs too much. Am I doing something wrong or was there really a change between years? Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Well, for those interested, which apparently means nobody, there is no chassis difference. I went under the hood and installed the part myself with little trouble. Guess it goes to show, if you want it done right, do it yourself.

MarvinMyCat said:
Silence in this forum usually means that no one knows. Plus, it is Friday, so everyone is out cruisin.

Oh yea, good job installing it yourself! :nice:

Thank ya, thank ya! :cheers: I did have to drill my own holes into the towers though, regardless of what they said. 10 minutes my arse...lol.