Anyway thats becides the point,
I need the following parts still for the 5 lug convertion

Parking Brake cables,
Adj Prop Valve
FMS Prop Valve Cap

3-2 port convertion (Matts website)

Thats it, I have everything else

So where can I get these cables cheap?
I have only found a Ford racing part number when I search on Matts website, and there expensive!

Are they the same as any other cable I could buy from a parts store?
Ford Racing parts are just too much
I know I have to get the Prop valve cap from ford racing,
But the cables Id rather get elsewhere

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Lookign forward to having real brakes that work :) and kick arse wheels!
I also bought a 94-98 Brake Booster and Master Cyl, Should help right?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought my 93 cobra cables(had a 93 car) from napa. I also used a 95 booster and mc. Got the prop valve from summit and the plug and center adjusting calbe from the local ford dealer. I got the Matts port conversion(front and rear fittings too) and he also modified my e brake handle.

Looks that way.... use that number as a referance when you go to the local parts store. I highly doubt it they'll have them tho.

*edit...how much is the dealer asking for them? Summit has them for $29.88 a piece.

Thats not bad,
Dealer wants $40 each,
I didnt ask about the center cable,

What does summit want for the center cable?

I think I could modify my e-brake myself,

I ordered the 3-2 convertion and the rear hardline to softline converters.

just getting all these little bits together

and 50resto sells the adj prop valve for $49,
Now I need the FMS prop valve cap, and these cables,

Phew its a lot of crap needed, But I know it will be worth it, Fox brakes suck

Yeah, you can mod the handle if you have a welder...or easily take it somewhere. Me, i have like 5 or 6 handles laying around and didn't feel like messing around with taking it somewhere.

$19.88 for the center cable and $39.50 for the summit prop valve(which is made by wilwood but says summit) or $39.50 for the one with wilwood on it. Also, $9.88 for the prop plug all from summit.

Whoops forgot about having to cut the lines,

Well I actually bought a complete rear end off a 97 GT,
Ill see if theres anythign on it that I can salvage as far as brake lines go,
Ill have to buy a flaring tool,

Seems like summit is a one stop shop lol, Screw it its free shipping, Might as well get it all from one place

Follow the previously given link and you will have all the how to info on the E brake handle mods.

The stock emergency setup tends to lock up and not release properly, so you will need to modify the E brake handle. I had mine done at a muffler shop for $10.

TriGun said:
www.buyfordmotorsport.com

I did not need the center cable. I bought the other two and they fit perfectly. The reason I did not need the center cable is that the stock one is long enough. My parking brake grips like crazy. I can park it on a pretty steep hill, put it in neutral, and pull up the parking brake and I ain't rollin nowheres.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Is the center cable not needed?

The rear ebrake would drag and not completely release on my disk brake Turbo Coupe rear axle. I had to use the center cable and modify the Ebrake handle.

I drove around for a year without a properly working Ebrake, so you can see that I didn't need it very much.

I was also told that you don't need the center cable, but Ford does include a center cable in the M-2300-K brake kit which makes me wonder. I haven't hooked up my E brake yet from when I did my disc conversion so I really don't know for sure if you need the center cable or not. BTW---For detailed instructions on the entire brake system swap (master cylinder, brake lines, prop. valve etc.) just go to www.fordracingparts.com and download the M-2300-K installation insructions. Its like 30 pages long but it gives you all the part #'s and tells everything right down to welding the E-brake handle.

jrichker said:
The rear ebrake would drag and not completely release on my disk brake Turbo Coupe rear axle. I had to use the center cable and modify the Ebrake handle.

I drove around for a year without a properly working Ebrake, so you can see that I didn't need it very much.

It dragged using the stock center cable? My e-brake will be pretty important to me so I would like to get my facts straight before diving into the project.

Side note: What MC and booster did you use with your brake setup. Did you feel a big difference in braking?

If you weld the handle, I don't see how you can adjust the ebrake cables WITHOUT the FMS center cable. By welding the handle, you defeat the self adjuster Ford built into the system that allowed them to use the fixed center cable. Without the adjustment on the center cable, I don't see how you could get the brakes adjusted right. But of course the SN95 rear calipers might not require the precise adjustments like others.

Anyway, Jamie, I used '86 SVO cables for my car since I have the SVO style calipers. They were like $17 each from Autozone. But I looked at the FMS cables when I was gathering my parts and saw no difference except that the SVO cables have a return spring on them that you don't need for the SN95 calipers.

Thomas

So Thomas I could "cut" that little spring off right?

your sure there the same cables?

I got my Rear end today from a 97 GT :D
And my Brake Booster and Master Cyl from a 98 V6
Should help,

But Thomas I got all sn95 Brakes, Would it be ok?