Cheapest place to find SCT Big Mouth MAF Meter?

KBCobra95

Aug 28, 2005
North Carolina
As some of you may know I pegged my lightning 90mm MAF Meter.....soooooooo now I'm looking for a bigger one. SCT claims theirs will handle 850 hp? Where could I find one for cheap and does anybody wanna buy my new/old lightning maf meter? Only had it on there for around 150 miles. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

The BA (Big Air) 2400's are good to 550-650 and the BA 2800s are good to 650-825 depending on the application and intale setup. If you think you are going to be at or below 625 or so get the 2400 mainly because you will have more resolution down low. You always want to choose a MAF where you can use at least 80% of it's range.

Most of the prices are all the same - we sell them for $240, SCT has a minimum advetised price and if a dealer sells it cheaper and SCT finds out, they won't be an SCT dealer much longer so you lose support.

Don

Don 95Vert said:
The BA (Big Air) 2400's are good to 550-650 and the BA 2800s are good to 650-825 depending on the application and intale setup. If you think you are going to be at or below 625 or so get the 2400 mainly because you will have more resolution down low. You always want to choose a MAF where you can use at least 80% of it's range.

Most of the prices are all the same - we sell them for $240, SCT has a minimum advetised price and if a dealer sells it cheaper and SCT finds out, they won't be an SCT dealer much longer so you lose support.

Don
Thanks! I will be getting in touch!

eades5.0 said:
Can you get the plug n play harness also, if so how much?
Was that price for the 2400 or 2800?

The price is the same for either - we have the late model harnesses too and the MAF adapters, but we only sell them to someone getting a MAF. The harnesses need to be soldered with shrink wrap tubing used to seal the joint. We have a tech article on our website about using a late model MAF and SCT MAF on an earlier model - see sig for link.

Are you referring to Plug and Play harnesses? If so, a few other parts places have adapters for $70 that require no soldering, but we figure someone would rather pay $25 and do 5 minutes of soldering and save $$$$.

If you meant plug and play as in plug the MAF in and drive the car with no tune adjustments - it does not exist. They need modification of the tune to run.

Don

As in plug and play I mean a adapter that reqs no solderin..plug one side to my MAF connection and the other to the SCT...I have been quoted 250$ for the 2800 and adapter..just wondering if you had acsess to this.

As for the meter..I know it has to be tuned via the chip, and the car wont w/o this..as I run the sct stuff, just need a meter/adapter

Thanks sorry for the confusion
Chris

eades5.0 said:
As in plug and play I mean a adapter that reqs no solderin..plug one side to my MAF connection and the other to the SCT...I have been quoted 250$ for the 2800 and adapter..just wondering if you had acsess to this.

I'd say that's a good deal for the 2800 and adapter - we only have the pigtails and they are priced seperate.

There are a few people making 800+ with the 2800 - and they will peg sooner in blow-through. SCT has just recently lowered the advertised max HP on the 2800's, although, depending on the combo, they can go up to 800+ - not a concern for the average car though.