Check engine code, what does it mean?

h0oligan

Jan 18, 2003
Alright, I finally got my codes properly read by autozone and it gave me the code that my EGR Flow Insufficient. Can someone explain how I can troubleshoot this? BTW, I just installed a CAI if that has anything to do with it. I have a 94 GT.

• Sponsors (?)

Man oh man, the infamous Code 332 EGR too low. I have been dealing with this for about 2 years now. Changed my EGR solenoid and switch I believe, still no change. I don't what it could be, but I don't have any vaccuum leaks. The car surges sometimes just cruising around town. Other than that it's fine though.

- Insufficient EGR flow detected.
Look for vacuum leaks, cracked vacuum lines. Check to see if you have 5” of vacuum at the EGR vacuum connection at cruse RPM. Look for electrical signal at the vacuum regulator solenoid valve located on the rear of the passenger side wheel well. Using a test light across the electrical connector, it should flicker as the electrical signal flickers. Remember that the computer does not source any power, but provides the ground necessary to complete the circuit. That means one side of the circuit will always be hot, and the other side will go to ground or below 1 volt as the computer switches on that circuit.