Check Engine Light

• Sponsors (?)

My check engine light keeps coming on and the code is an EVAP trouble code - I think the capless fuel filler is causing it. If it keeps up, I am taking it to the dealer. I also keep getting a rattle in that area of the car, and that plastic filler tube has some play in it. I think it is also causing the rattling noise.

Is it possible you needed to retune your car after adding the throttle body spacer? I would think something like that would change the airflow and/or volume of air and cause it to throw a code. Just a "WAG" (wild a@$ guess)

I really doubt a Spacer is going to throw a code.....

Dont mean nothing by this but why would he purchase a spacer?......Albeit if you dynoed your stang without and with the spacer...he wouldnt see a difference !!!

Really, somethings are just hyped up so theyll sell, a spacer being one of them lol

Anyway I really doubt the spacer is throwing a code.

Dont mean nothing by this but why would he purchase a spacer?......Albeit if you dynoed your stang without and with the spacer...he wouldnt see a difference !!!

Really, somethings are just hyped up so theyll sell, a spacer being one of them lol

Actually I believe the 05 -09 required a tune with the throttle body spacer and it's essentially the same engine so why not at least look into it? If that's the only mod he's done I wouldn't be surprised.

And talking about stupid stuff....my buddy bought some rubber tube thing for his 02 SS camaro that allowed for "better airflow" on the intake. Yea, what a load of BS that was. On the other hand, daddy bought him the car so he couldn't do any mods that daddy would find out about.

Just about ANY mod on a 05+ car requires a tune.. these cars are SENSITIVE to any modification..

Thanks guys. I took it to the dealership and they cleared the code, but i didnt get the exact code, they just said it was sucking too much air. The throttle body spacer is supposed to improve low end torque and gas mileage. I could notice a little difference and i have been getting about 26 mpg on the freeway.

Actually I believe the 05 -09 required a tune with the throttle body spacer and it's essentially the same engine so why not at least look into it? If that's the only mod he's done I wouldn't be surprised.

And talking about stupid stuff....my buddy bought some rubber tube thing for his 02 SS camaro that allowed for "better airflow" on the intake. Yea, what a load of BS that was. On the other hand, daddy bought him the car so he couldn't do any mods that daddy would find out about.

You mean a smooth bellow.....actually it works.

I had a TB Spacer on my 03 GT along with other mods.......It made no difference, thats why I said what I said..... Unless theres forced induction involved...its pointless.....just like the old bullitt intakes.

You mean a smooth bellow.....actually it works.

I had a TB Spacer on my 03 GT along with other mods.......It made no difference, thats why I said what I said..... Unless theres forced induction involved...its pointless.....just like the old bullitt intakes.

Yea smooth bellow, I couldn't remember it. I don't know how much of a difference it made for him, he was a pretty crappy driver anyways lol :D

Wow...had no idea.....thats some crazy stuff.

So you mean that an exhaust setup is going to require a tune as well.....or its going to throw a code....

Looks like it. My check engine light came on today,took it to the dealer and he checked it out and told me I needed to get a tuner that the CEL will most likely come back on. Ordered the SCT x-3 as soon as I got home..Who knew?? Also ordered the JLT cardon fiber CAI..