Check engine light

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
I got my car started last night, turned out I wasn’t on compression stroke ;) but now I’m freaking out cuz I have the check engine light is stuck on. No blinking just stuck on. Other then a loose gas cap what could cause this to stay on? I was researching and I saw a video on clear flood mode thinking I might’ve flooded the engine because I’ve been cranking it so many times to it. Your supposed to hold pedal all the way down with clutch pedal and turn on it shouldn’t turn on but mine did! That scared me it was a a hi rpm I don’t think I’ll try that again any suggestions....

• Sponsors (?)

I got my car started last night, turned out I wasn’t on compression stroke ;) but now I’m freaking out cuz I have the check engine light is stuck on. No blinking just stuck on. Other then a loose gas cap what could cause this to stay on? I was researching and I saw a video on clear flood mode thinking I might’ve flooded the engine because I’ve been cranking it so many times trying to start it, Your supposed to hold pedal all the way down with clutch pedal and turn on it shouldn’t turn on but mine did! That scared me it was a a hi rpm I don’t think I’ll try that again any suggestions....worst case sceneries?

Well did you check the engine? Was it there?
Seriously, check for codes.
I haven’t done the running engine codes yet. I did do the keko and the continuous. I got 67 and 63 tps neutral safety switch and the 11 for the pass. I’ll try running codes tomorrow. What are the bad codes I should be worried about? I’m afraid of running the codes with that light on but I’m going to

High idle is typically a vacuum leak or timing is really advanced. I would pull codes like suggested first and see what it is trying to tell you could be the problem.

Reactions: 1 user