check out these fox body prices..WOW.

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
just some pages I pulled up from Hemmings, prices going any where from $13,000 for an 86 GT vert, $30,000 for a 90 McLaren to $44,000 for a 93 cobra. I don't know if these will ever sell but are we getting near fox mania here :shrug:. It seems like the fox is getting hotter and hotter each month, even modified examples are going for $15 grand and they wil probally get a buyer soon or later.

Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide.

Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide.

• Sponsors (?)

They can ASK whatever they want.
They will NOT get what they want.

Look on Ebay and put every fox on your watch list. I bet 8 out of 10 NICE foxes, do NOT meet the reserve. Mine didn't even come close to the reserve. It's an effin joke, what people actually want to pay for them!!!!!!

I'm slowly learning that my car isn't worth what I thought it was, or maybe it's just that there isn't any money out there.

peeps just arent willing to pay what we thought our cars are worth.

I could see an exceptionally clean basically showroom fox going for 13-16k, perhaps more if it was a cobra, but still. the run of the mill fox that has been resto'd will rarely bring over 6k IMHO.

Just like the older muscle cars, its getting to the point where it is only worth what someone is willing to spend. You can't put a monetary "value" on these cars like you can something fresh from the factory. Its that way with any sort of classic performance vehicle or niche market. As soon as one of those 10 unsold Foxes on ebay sells for 15K, it makes that car worth 15K. Its hard to find a lot of people willing to spend that, but they are out there.

Its kind of like when people gripe when a Fox gets wrecked or scrapped. Its really not that bad a deal for the rest of us, because it makes our straight, clean cars that much more desirable and valuable.

Like I stated I was mostly shocked at the prices these guys where asking, if they get it(and they might) is another thing. I have noticed that sometimes buyers will ignore a nice decent fox on ebay(and it could be because it's on ebay) and purchase a soso fox locally for more money. I know I lost all my money and my stang will go to the kids anyway but I'm trying to figure these sellers out? are they trying to start something here? do they really think the fox is at this price point(certain examples)? are the trying to feel the markt out ? this is the debate. I mean they know there are tons of mustang clubs and forums and we are for the most parts the experts and we know that we wouldn't pay that much for these cars or would you?