Check these stock Eaton #'s

• Sponsors (?)

RedGTvert said:
Better read again. The Eaton has been ported, and they are running a smaller pully, not to mention the spray, although they are not saying how much, but I bet it isn't just a 50 shot judging by how much power they picked up. Far from a Stock Eaton.

Yes it is infact the stock Eaton that came w/ the car.
No one ever said it didn't have the $400 port job.

BEATNGU said:
Yes it is infact the stock Eaton that came w/ the car.
No one ever said it didn't have the $400 port job.

Stock . . . Bunk!

How in the world would a ported and pullied Eaton be considered stock.

Stock is the way it comes from the factory.

What would make an Eaton non-stock, if you think this is stock.

I am not saying those numbers are not good, but impressive, that can be judgment.

gemex said:
I’ve got the same mods, and more and even though my tune is really conservative on 91 gas I’m getting only 502rwhp. Can a 100 shot really make a 200hp difference?

ABSOLUTELY! On a blown and intercooled car like the Cobra N2O really cools off the intake charge and that's where the extra HP and TQ come from. You can expect the HP/TQ to be almost double compared to a N/A car for the same size shot when the car is properly tuned for it. More than a handfull of 03/04 Cobra's are running around with a little 35 shot stuck in the end of their K&N's... and they see almost 55HP and 80+TQ from such a small dose of the giggle gas... Tempting huh???

U.M.

Very tempting, I have always heard of motors melting and such that I have never thought once about it, but with those numbers wow. I have seen kits for around $500, but I would think tune, and installation are the most important.

Any suggestions or things to look out for? :shrug:

RedGTvert said:
gemex, I would start with only a 35 or 50 shot if you wanted to try it.

Nitrous Pete put down 700 or so with a 50 shot and the eaton.

YUP! Start very small because a little goes a long way on these cars. Not sure whether you want to go with a dry or wet shot though. I've seen arguments for and against both. You might want to do some research on some of the other boards though... not too many people over here running NAWS on their new Cobra!

U.M.

Okay, question for you guys, whats the stock pulley diameters (upper and lower) on the SVT Cobras?
What about on the Lightnings? And the Harleys?
I've just bought a Harley blower off of Ebay to strap to my 302, so I'm trying to get an idea of what the stock setups give boost wise and with what pullies..

Thanks
Ben

CloneRanger said:
Okay, question for you guys, whats the stock pulley diameters (upper and lower) on the SVT Cobras?
What about on the Lightnings? And the Harleys?
I've just bought a Harley blower off of Ebay to strap to my 302, so I'm trying to get an idea of what the stock setups give boost wise and with what pullies..

Thanks
Ben

The Cobra upper is 3.65" and Lightning is 2.93"
I believe the HD blower pulley is the same as the L, but the lower is smaller for the 2lb. boost drop

Uncle Meat said:
ABSOLUTELY! On a blown and intercooled car like the Cobra N2O really cools off the intake charge and that's where the extra HP and TQ come from. You can expect the HP/TQ to be almost double compared to a N/A car for the same size shot when the car is properly tuned for it. More than a handfull of 03/04 Cobra's are running around with a little 35 shot stuck in the end of their K&N's... and they see almost 55HP and 80+TQ from such a small dose of the giggle gas... Tempting huh???

U.M.

Very tempting...Do they in fact have a kit that adapts to the K and N? Or is this a rigged setup? Also, wouldnt a naws shot mess up the MAF electronics??

peace

Tat98Cobra said:
Very tempting...Do they in fact have a kit that adapts to the K and N? Or is this a rigged setup? Also, wouldnt a naws shot mess up the MAF electronics??

peace

Unfortunately there isn't a specific or purpose made kit for the Cobra. Most of the guys doing these small shots are just drilling a hole in the end of the K&N and thredding the nozzle directly into the filter end piece. It will not harm the MAF electronics, in fact is better to put the N2O in front of the MAS so the flow can be metered somewhat.

U.M.