Checking Out A 69 Convertible

robbz28

Sep 23, 2009
Epps, LA
Hi guys...im baaaaack. After a year of being mustang-less (selling my 67 black beauty) I may be getting back up on the horse so to speak. I really never thought of owning a convertible anything, just not my cup of tea, plus we just really don't have the weather for it in Louisiana, it's always too hot or humid. There may be a couple of weeks during the year where it would be alright. Anyway, I may have stumbled upon a deal I can't pass up. One of those "I'm moving in 2 weeks and the car can't come with me" type situations. I know 67 mustangs like Barry Bonds knows steroids...I'm up on them, however I really don't know anything about 69's especially convertibles. I am probably going Saturday to check out the car and just need to know what to look for, any problem areas, common rust spots, perhaps things one normally wouldn't find at first glance. According to the owner he has had if for about 8 years and has rebuilt the engine and transmission and steering (302 auto). The paint is supposedly fair shape, it runs and drives, needs a few things like and exhaust, a little mild restoring. He's asking 5k for the car and if it's in the shape he says its in (and the fact he HAS to sell it so I may can get it cheaper) I may not can pass it up. I don't have any pics yet, will post some after I see it Saturday. Any of you guys with any info before I go see it I would greatly appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, I been getting itchy to work on something. If I don't buy the car, the owner said he would like to work out a deal where he buys the parts and I fix the car up and sell it and we split the profit, so I don't know, I know there is usually not a lot of profit in restoring then selling a car, but you get lucky every now and then. Anybody got a dog house I can come sleep in? Because if the car is as solid as he says and I come home with it, the wife is going to be slightly irritated, for a couple of days anyway...

Thanks, I been getting itchy to work on something. If I don't buy the car, the owner said he would like to work out a deal where he buys the parts and I fix the car up and sell it and we split the profit, so I don't know, I know there is usually not a lot of profit in restoring then selling a car, but you get lucky every now and then. Anybody got a dog house I can come sleep in? Because if the car is as solid as he says and I come home with it, the wife is going to be slightly irritated, for a couple of days anyway...
just tell her ,i did for you honey !

Well its about as I figured...she don't look too bad at first glance but it needs the usual work, quarters, lower doors, lower radiator support, floors, torque boxes, deck lid etc. The cowl is actually in good shape the front end has been rebuilt and the engine and trans and rear are solid. Also all of the panels that are rusted are repairable, not totally gone. Needs a top and carpet and Brakes and a heap of body work. I'm not interested at 5k...