Chepsk8's World Stangnet Tour - Summer stops in California, New England, & New Mexico

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
Summer is here, and I'm travelling again! I always enjoy meeting my fellow posters! Here's my schedule:

July 1-3 - Fontana Speedway, Ontario, Kaliphornia, for the annual Shelby Convention. I'm in tech & running the popular ballot car shows. (Rented an 05 Mustang! Wonder how it handles on the track.......)

July 9, Lehighton PA - Cobras at Blockers 9.5, COBRASK8 is making it's grand debut! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Aug 14-15 - Watkins Glen Race Track, New York. Whupping COBRASK8's butt on the track!

Aug 20-21 - Bennington Vermont (Hemmings) and Deep in the Berkshires., Mass - Having fun! :cheers:

Aug 25-26 - Overnight stay in Albequerque to rescue my kids (Mustanggurl & Scott from thier Mom). So far, sleeping in the airport, as I'm late in & early out.

Labor Day Weekend - VIR Raceway in Virginia - FFR Cobra Nationals - Bringing Down COBRASK8!

So, anyone out there want to get together, cold beers await! So far, I've had the great pleasure of meeting PAKRAT, BBFCM, MDJAY, JIKELLY, N8MILLER, and a few more!

Let me know!

• Sponsors (?)

skywalker said:
I don't think Fontana is to terribly far from Camp Pendleton. Any So Cal'ers more knowledgable than me wanna chime in? I should be on a 96 that weekend too.

It's a 2-3 hour drive I believe. I was born there and haven't been back to that city since.

Edit: I just did a quick mapquest and it says it's a 2 hour drive.

OT: Skywalker, if you're at Pendleton, you might want to try posting at www.socalstangs.com. There's a bunch of us that post there and we have a couple get togethers coming up.

mustang70 said:
It's a 2-3 hour drive I believe. I was born there and haven't been back to that city since.

Edit: I just did a quick mapquest and it says it's a 2 hour drive.

OT: Skywalker, if you're at Pendleton, you might want to try posting at www.socalstangs.com. There's a bunch of us that post there and we have a couple get togethers coming up.

I'd love to but here's my issue: transportation. My ass was flown out here, and I didn't get a rental. It's like pulling teeth to get a ride to the barbershop in o-side (I'm staying in carlsbad.)

chepsk8 said:
Summer is here, and I'm travelling again! I always enjoy meeting my fellow posters! Here's my schedule:

July 1-3 - Fontana Speedway, Ontario, Kaliphornia, for the annual Shelby Convention. I'm in tech & running the popular ballot car shows. (Rented an 05 Mustang! Wonder how it handles on the track.......)

So, anyone out there want to get together, cold beers await! So far, I've had the great pleasure of meeting PAKRAT, BBFCM, MDJAY, JIKELLY, N8MILLER, and a few more!

Let me know!

Just so you know, California Speedway is Fontana (or, as we call it, Fontucky), Ca.

I might try to meet up with you during that weekend. I'll know more in the next couple of weeks (too many jobs, need to add time to the day/week/month/year)

skywalker said:
I'd love to but here's my issue: transportation. My ass was flown out here, and I didn't get a rental. It's like pulling teeth to get a ride to the barbershop in o-side (I'm staying in carlsbad.)

Well, post something. Some of them are Marines stationed at the bases. A couple of them might be willing to pick your sorry butt up.;)

Hey Cheapie!

If you were to travel to deep Southern California, then travel east for apout 3 hours on I-8; I know a guy (lives about 4 blocks from me) who would love to meet you - and have you take a look at his KR 'vert! It's not the one I'm always raving about, this one's been restored just a couple years ago. However, we can probably arrange a meet between you and the unrestored 'KR vert that also lives here. :D :D :D

In honesty, he also has a '66 Vette that he entered in a concours class and missed a clean sweep by a couple of dirty wheelwells. He'd really like an expert eye to help him get the Shelby in that same shape.

Oh, BTW - by the time you would get here; he might actually have gotten delivery of his (What do they call it? Stage 4?) Cobra from Shelby American. He was actually impressed when I told him about Cobrask8! :nice:

Well,

Done with the California swing!

Yup, just like the other renters, the 2005 has a speed limiter of 115. But it sure does handle the infield better than the 2005!

Next stop, the Jersey Shore, Watkins Glen, and Albequerque in August.

Cobrask8 is making it's world premier on August 9 at COBRAS at BLOCKERS in Lehighton PA.

Otherwise, I'm here!