Drivetrain Chirping noise

I've been doing a lot of research to determine what is causing a chirping noise when my clutch is engaged and I'm hoping you guys can give me some guidance.

I depress my clutch, put it in 1st gear and start to let off clutch pedal. When I get to the engagement point I start to hear a pretty loud chirping noise for a few seconds then it goes away. It seems that is the only time it chirps... at the engagement point in 1st gear.

After a lot of research it seems it could be the throw out bearing and lack of preload or it is just going bad but from the post i read it seems people have a slight chirping noise all the time until the clutch is depressed. Mine is only at the engagement point. At least that all I can hear but my exhaust is pretty loud. I got a new cable and I believe have plenty of preload on the clutch.

So, I'm trying to determine if my throw out bearing is going bad or if I need more preload. What do you guys think?

The throw out bearing and other clutch somponents were replaced less than 10,000 miles ago.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Is there anything else I can look for or try without removing tranny?

I was hoping it was just a preload issue but again it chirps mostly when clutch is engaging and I beleive I have a decent amount of preload on the throw out bearing.

Can you have too much preload?

Thanks!

Mine was doing this, turned out to be the retainer sleeve (quill tube) (throw out bearing tube) had broken off at the base. It was spinning with the TOB and chirping. While installing new clutch, it was discovered and now I'm having it replaced along with the pilot and TOB. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to do this. I was told that if your tube is broken, it will only cause the new TOB to go bad and eat into your clutch. So...... hopefully for you this isn't the issue. It has been a royal pain in the ass to get fixed. A new bell housing was even mentioned yesterday but I'm hoping the transmission shop guy can bang the old one out and press in a new one. Let me know what you find out man.