choosing a tuner, need help.

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
Im trying to decide on what i want to do. A tweecer or a dynotune. Both are about the same money, however i will need a laptop and a widebad for the tweecer correct? cam i take it out of the car and bring it inside to "flash" a tune? Also, if i was to get a tweecer, do i need the RT? i mean if i got a widebad couldent that datalog? anyhow, thanks and what would you do?

• Sponsors (?)

Well I would say, if you are going to stay with the setup you have when you dynotune, go with a dynotune. If you are a guy who likes to change your setup often, then go with a tweecer cuz dynotune after dynotune will get very expensive.

GreenMustangGt said:
Im trying to decide on what i want to do. A tweecer or a dynotune. Both are about the same money, however i will need a laptop and a widebad for the tweecer correct? cam i take it out of the car and bring it inside to "flash" a tune? Also, if i was to get a tweecer, do i need the RT? i mean if i got a widebad couldent that datalog? anyhow, thanks and what would you do?

The ability to datalog is quite helpful.

Think about a datalog like a chart of your pull when you get your car dynoed. The chart of the first pull is used as a baseline against the following pulls. The chart is hard data you and I can see and compare to other charts.

Having said that ...... Would you want to have your car dynoed with only real time display data available to the dyno tech or yourself? NO WAY ...............
Hard data is good..........You want the data............You want the RT model.

Just an example or two of why you would want to datalog. btw......I've been asked many many times this same Q so I thought it might help if it got answered one more time, lol.

You can get a used laptop with a dead battery for around 100 bux if you look around and use an adaptor to power it from the console. The only main requirement is a usb port.

You don't need the wb to get started with self tuning however the wb will allow you to set your wot a/f ratio to your desired results without having to go to the dyno.

You would not want to use the wb's display to check your ratio cause the data events would not be in sync. A better way is to have wb's data show up in the data log along with the other data like rpm, spark and the like and the a/f ratio will then be in sync with all of the other data.

Maybe this will help you some. You really can find lots of threads on the various tuners if you search here and the Corral.

Later
Grady

Yeah dont waste ur time with a non R/T tweecer. You truly do need to be able to see what the comp is doing to see that everything u tld the comp to do its doing. And its hand for lots of things. Like when i did my tbody i didnt have to pierce the wires to check the TPS i just datlogged it with the key in the on positions. Worked great. You get exact Engine Temp, air intake temp, kg/hr, rpms, mph, what have you to really see and learn a ton about ur car. Trust me IF you get a tweecer get an R/T