Christmas just came early!!!

Haha......looking awesome Erin!!!! I was finally able to catch up on the pictures from home last night.....looks like I just missed this update by about 5 minutes or so - Damn Cubs:( That polished manifold looks great as does the whole setup. That things going to be out of control with those 4.10's in there!:)

In any event looks like I'll have to seek out some assistance from the qualified staff over at May Garage for next years Stage II Procharger install, at least we already know that's some very familiar territory.

• Sponsors (?)

Dennis,

In terms of working on the car after the charger is installed, it's not very convenient.

My engine bay is packed with the procharger, but it is more side by side type packing rather than overlaping. Let's not forget there is no wiring relocation for a procharger outside of the maf extension. The KB required undoing much of the main loom on the driverside to bring the throttle body connects to the other end of the engine bay. It came out nice in the end but so much time is vested in unwrapping and re-wrapping those main harneses. Lend to that how anal and meticulous I am, it took a good amount of time to finish the wiring.

Lastly, the computer gets relocated in front of the motor and blocks a good portion of the Fan in doing so. I really don't like that piece of the install. Something better could have been done there.

In the end though it looks tough as hell.. it's a clean, tight, compact layout and like anything done kit wise has some room for improvement.

And lastly Dennis, I'll absolutely take on your procharger project.

update on the 2nd tune from KB...

Well we tried the second tune supplied by Kenne Bell tonight and still no go...when we load the KB tune the car refuses to start and fuel pressure jumps to 50...load back the stock tune and car starts with a fuel pressure of 30. :shrug: Took the computer out of the car and I am sending it to Kenne Bell to get reflashed along with their 2 tuners...

James and the guys at KB have been trying their best...However it is very frustrating on our part. I bought this car used and the only thing we can come up with is that Ford reflashed the compter sometime between when the original owner bought it and I bought it, thus making the computer labeled code useless.

Will hopefully get the computer back next Wednesday with the correct computer code in the tuner. Next Tuesday will have been 3 weeks since i actually paid for the blower. Never thought it would take this long.

Will keep you guys posted.

PS Thanks for all your hard work Erin! :nice:

latest update...

To keep everyone up to date...

Erin tried installing 3td tune sent by Kenne Bell on Saturday and the car still did not start, Fuel pressure is still over 50. Left James a PM and will call them first thing Monday morning.

Very aggravating and frustrating...really think I should have went with a Pro Charger system at this point.

Erin tried installing 3td tune sent by Kenne Bell on Saturday and the car still did not start, Fuel pressure is still over 50. Left James a PM and will call them first thing Monday morning.

Very aggravating and frustrating...really think I should have went with a Pro Charger system at this point.

You guys are on the right track.. I think somehow the PCM cal code got screwed up. I ran into this on a S/C install when we tried to flash the car same thing it would not start.

Our problem ended up being that the wrong cal code was used.

Sorry to hear that Glenn. Hopefully things will get sorted out soon by KB and you'll be out there tearing up some pavement!

Oh we got word from Kenne Bell, but it's not fixed.

Here's todays events, Glenn got off work early to make sure he got by me by 5pm, this would give us 2 solid hours of workin on the car with Kenne Bell support available to relay info back and forth. I in turn enlisted in my brother to grab a DRB3 scan tool from his work. He too was here shortly after 5pm. The DRB would not latch with the PCM in the car so we were stuck. Made a couple calls to a few of my brothers connections and the local Car X owner loaned out his 19K snap on tool and all of the DRB keys.

Came back, got the Bell boys back on the phone and latched to the PCM. Found that the Throttle body was tossing a TAC error. (remember KB doesn't supply an SCT2 with display, they only send out an Xcal1 non display and it reported no codes.)

Apparently the TAC error is because there is a secondary computer that runs checks and balances on the drive by wire function of the car. (its more a safety feature and liability thing) Ford apparently flashed that pc, but left the standard PCM alone. When we loaded up the KB hot tune, the two pc's are not communicating. In turn, when KB sent out the 3rd xcal1 with stock calibration already installed, it wrote over the orignial PCM stock tune thus rendering a no start in stock form now as the pc's again are not communicating.

They say they now know what the problem is and it's a matter of correcting in software programming. That's where we are at. Stuck waiting. Hopefully Glenn will get more info from the KB folks in the morning.

Damn....some bad news for sure guys. I'm just curious as I saw that's Glenn's running an aftermarket throttle body and I know of all the horror stories with those. Any chance this is adding to the issue with the new setup? I know that KB usually asks for the mods that have been done to the car prior to sending out the tune so this may be a moot point....just a thought I guess.

Dennis,

Been considered, but it worked perfectly fine prior on this car. The throttle body wouldn't net a no start, a rough run sure and some code tossing to boot, but it has to run first via the programming. Once it does, if it tosses codes, I will remove and replace with oem..