Chrome....Black chrome...or black?

5.0CRAZY

Founding Member
May 17, 2002
Frozen North
Im gonna but some 18" saleens replicas for my 91 emerald green coupe once I switch to 5 lug. Just wondering what your opinions on what would look best? Has anyone here bought the basic 5-lug conversion from late model resto? ($399.99 one)? I dont have any good shots of it but Ill try and upload one.

Edit- It might be worth mentioning that the moldings are painted to match now. Im not sure if anyone is able to photoshop or post pictures of coupes with one any of the above said wheels?

Thanks!

Attachments

• My Coupe 007.jpg
    My Coupe 007.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks... Ya it's my favourite color by far as far as coupes go... It's amazing how different it can look depending on the lighting. That's 3 for chrome which I was leaning towards as it the safer bet. Anyone recommend the best/ cheapest site to order from?

Thanks... Ya it's my favourite color by far as far as coupes go... It's amazing how different it can look depending on the lighting. That's 3 for chrome which I was leaning towards as it the safer bet. Anyone recommend the best/ cheapest site to order from?

on your car i would def agree with chrome! i just ordered a set of "black chrome" from cruzinconcepts on monday... hopefully ill have them before the holiday weekend to show pics..... at 140 a rim, you cant really beat it!

Ya I've been looking on their site a little too shopping around. I was hopeing to be able to get 18x8's on the front but it seems most companies will only sell 18x9's. Will that casue any fitment/ rubbing issues on the front? with 245/40 tires? The black chromes look nice I havent seen that style in person yet though.

on your car i would def agree with chrome! i just ordered a set of "black chrome" from cruzinconcepts on monday... hopefully ill have them before the holiday weekend to show pics..... at 140 a rim, you cant really beat it!

I have the black chrome Omega GodSpeed Deep Dish 18x9 front and 18x10 back from Cruisin concepts... the wheels are great, but they took over a month to arrive..I was actually scared they had robbed me. But, they did arrive safe adn sound, just took an extra few weeks.. Hopefully this doesnt happen to you, but if it does, don;t worry, they are on the way..lol

The black chrome sucked from cruzin concepts and the wheels didnt even match from front to back. 9's and 10.5's and the shape of the spokes. Their customer service sucks even worse than the rims. Good luck to who ever bought rims from them

Hope they work out for you!

I have the black chrome Omega GodSpeed Deep Dish 18x9 front and 18x10 back from Cruisin concepts... the wheels are great, but they took over a month to arrive..I was actually scared they had robbed me. But, they did arrive safe adn sound, just took an extra few weeks.. Hopefully this doesnt happen to you, but if it does, don;t worry, they are on the way..lol

How long have you had them on the car for?

The black chrome sucked from cruzin concepts and the wheels didnt even match from front to back. 9's and 10.5's and the shape of the spokes. Their customer service sucks even worse than the rims. Good luck to who ever bought rims from them

What happened with the black chrome for you? I originally ordered a set of black chrome's from wheel replica and they didn't match so I had to exchange the lighter rim for a matching one. I've now had them on the car for a little over 2 years now, and the coating looks terrible! It looks like I tried to clean my rims with a brillo pad. The coating is peeling off, and it looks like I permanently have dirty, brake dust covered rims. If anyone on here knows me, they know I baby the heck out of my car...the only thing that has ever touched my rims is my microfiber sponge, microfiber towels and chrome polish.

Sorry for the hijack! :X lol

Hope they work out for you!

How long have you had them on the car for?

What happened with the black chrome for you? I originally ordered a set of black chrome's from wheel replica and they didn't match so I had to exchange the lighter rim for a matching one. I've now had them on the car for a little over 2 years now, and the coating looks terrible! It looks like I tried to clean my rims with a brillo pad. The coating is peeling off, and it looks like I permanently have dirty, brake dust covered rims. If anyone on here knows me, they know I baby the heck out of my car...the only thing that has ever touched my rims is my microfiber sponge, microfiber towels and chrome polish.

Sorry for the hijack! :X lol

Whoa...YOU TOOK OVER!! haha - As far as mine are concerned, the wheels themselves are fine, they all look the same, and balanced out good w/ no issues. I was only angry w/ the fact that they took over a month to get! I did notice (liek u jsut said) ANYHTING scrathches the black chrome finish, I was using a microfiber and it touched the ground and picked up a lil spec or a leaf, and when i wiped the rim it scratched it!! But, I figure, I'll keep them till they end up like your w/ the finish peeling off, then I'll bring them to my friends wheels-shop (Wheelguys inc.) And have him strip them down and pick a new finish, it seems that black chrome process isnt quite perfected yet...lol I'm not angry though, I got them on a black friday sale for 50% off.. I paid under $700 for the whole set staggered deep dish black chrome shipped to my door (after 35 days!! lol) I like the look of them wheels, but yeah, liek U said, the finish isnt very durable...

Whoa...YOU TOOK OVER!! haha - As far as mine are concerned, the wheels themselves are fine, they all look the same, and balanced out good w/ no issues. I was only angry w/ the fact that they took over a month to get! I did notice (liek u jsut said) ANYHTING scrathches the black chrome finish, I was using a microfiber and it touched the ground and picked up a lil spec or a leaf, and when i wiped the rim it scratched it!! But, I figure, I'll keep them till they end up like your w/ the finish peeling off, then I'll bring them to my friends wheels-shop (Wheelguys inc.) And have him strip them down and pick a new finish, it seems that black chrome process isnt quite perfected yet...lol I'm not angry though, I got them on a black friday sale for 50% off.. I paid under $700 for the whole set staggered deep dish black chrome shipped to my door (after 35 days!! lol) I like the look of them wheels, but yeah, liek U said, the finish isnt very durable...

Thanks for answering! I've heard of maybe 2 or 3 others with my same problem, but the color isn't popular enough yet, I think, to know if it's a notorious problem.

lol sorry...back on topic! Chrome FTW! lol

Thanks for answering! I've heard of maybe 2 or 3 others with my same problem, but the color isn't popular enough yet, I think, to know if it's a notorious problem.

lol sorry...back on topic! Chrome FTW! lol

haha, no prob!! Well, it's all good, I guess I'll just wait for the finish to fall off/apart....I'm so excited..:bs:...but...now you're making me want to go back to chrome now...:shrug:

My buddy just bought wheels from cruiszin concepts and he ordered them three weeks ago and they just showed up yesterday. The customer service is garbage over there! He paid for the fast shippment option and they didn't send them out for a week after he placed the order. Hell we just shipped an entire car to the Dominican Republic and it only took 3 business days!

My buddy just bought wheels from cruiszin concepts and he ordered them three weeks ago and they just showed up yesterday. The customer service is garbage over there! He paid for the fast shippment option and they didn't send them out for a week after he placed the order. Hell we just shipped an entire car to the Dominican Republic and it only took 3 business days!

Damn...Cruisin "quick shipping" strikes again...HAHAHA At least they always seem to make it to everyone.. EVENTUALLY...

Yeah I ordered a set of 03 DD black chrome cobra's. The first two took two weeks to get to my house. They sent one 9 in and one 10.5. The black chrome did not match and the shape of the spokes were different. I wanted regular chrome and called multiple days and left messages for this so called cruzinconcept Mike (who is the biggest bonefied hick *******) and he never called me back til a week and a half later. Then I tell them I want regular 03 chrome cobra's and he laughs and says I just sold my last set yesterday. Haha. And the next shipment won't come in for 6-8 wks. I was extremely pissed since if he would have called me I would have a set. I had to pay for shipping to get those crappy wheels back to them and the other two wheels never showed up. I lost out roughly $75-100 and will never call them again. I feel bad for anyone that has to deal with them. Heads up just cuz he can give you a discount for being a member and they are great priced, you getwhat you pay for. If I can find pics I'll post them.

To the OP go chrome all the way. Two days later I bought my chrome 03 cobras from Latemodel

pics of the Black Chrome crappy rims
123064.jpg

123072.jpg