Chrome or black? / Grey and black opinions.

BK_CAULEY

it's built for speed not longevity, woman
Dec 26, 2006
Thomasville, ga
my first question is should i use the chrome door handles on my car or the black ones. my car is blue now but its going to be a brighter blue here pretty soon. its a new subaru wrx blue kinda like this. and i am going to have either chrome 18" FR500's or chrome 18" saleens.

ribbernator119.jpg

here are the handles i want. FYI

lrs22404chkxx6.jpg

lrs22404kgn2.jpg

and my next question is i have came across a grey interior coupe minus the seats and i want to mix up my black interior a little bit. what should i change out. i was thinking black seats, console and dash. grey door panels/black inserts, grey carpet and a grey headliner. i think it would look good.

if any one has any pictures of my handle choices or my gray and black mix interior choice please post them up for me.

thanks in advance everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

I think you should match the color of the handles to the blue of the car. that would look best. if that is not an option stick with the black. chrome would be too much contrast.

thanks guys. the reason i ask is i saw a superduty that was a bright blue today and it had the chrome handles and i though it might look good. but ive never seen it on a mustang. so what about my interior mix up? any suggestions on that?

Color matched door handles look miles better than black, chrome, etc.. Makes it look less 80s.

Ha can you believe that guy? :rolleyes:

I personally have never seen the chrome style on a fox, but the first thing that comes to mind is mexicanized mustang with the chrome fender covers. Now thats my opinion. ON YOUR CAR i think the painted to match handles will look the best, Unless you plan to paint your trim black as well? And a F250 door handle is completely different then a fox, it doesn't have the same effect...

As for your interior, do the complete grey interior with black seats and black carpet. Thats what i'm doing with mine, it should look awesome. I have never liked the fox all black interior...

Heres some black door handles for yah? You tryin to tell me those would look better red? :rlaugh:

View attachment 358035

If your mouldings were the color of the rest of the car, then black handles might not look great. The initial color has a lot to do with it; on red or white, matched handles might not look right. On blue or grey, it would. Every case is different.

Chrome handles look like crap on any color fox.

I swear I had a dream about your car and I think It would look kewl if you had a light bar on the top!!!

you are ghey!!

and my interior is already ALL BLACK... i want to know what pieces should i make grey and what black. i dont have grey seats but i am thinking grey carpet, door panels and headliner. and painting the inserts in the grey panels black. i wonder how that would look?

you are ghey!!

and my interior is already ALL BLACK... i want to know what pieces should i make gray and what black. i dont have gray seats but i am thinking gray carpet, door panels and headliner. and painting the inserts in the gray panels black. i wonder how that would look?

More power to yah man. Do something different. You don't want the all black interior everybody else has do you? :shrug: Try it out, if it don't work, just keep changin stuff until it does!

well ive decided its getting grey carpet, door panels and headliner. and painting the inserts in the grey panels black. im gonna leave the backseats black and get the 6" wide strip in the middle done in grey find some nicer black seats. or have mine recovered in a grey and black pattern. i hope this looks good. i guess i will never know till i do it. ive NEVER seen it done. i like being different bt i also like stuff to look classy, organized and neat too. nothing to over whelming. thats why im trying to find a subtle mix between the two colors. right now some of my cloth is faded, some of my plastic is faded, some plastic is new and some fabric is new so there is like 9 shades of black in my interior and IMO it just doesnt look right.

I bought the black door handles last year thru 5.0 resto. I would never consider doing chrome. It would look horrible with the trim and color choice you want. Honestly, I would buy the black and if you don't like that, you can always paint to match. :nice:

I think mixed and matched black & grey would look good together. I stated a thread a while back about doing it this winter to my stang.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=708898

Good luck if you start this project and keep us posted.

im going to start in a few weeks. i want to be doen with this car by next summer. this winter its gonna be paint body / and under hood wire hiding. the drivetrain is done and the interior will be done in the next few weeks.

here is what i want. except where his grey is mines gonna be black and where his black his mines gonna be grey.

441070_228_full.jpg

441070_234_full.jpg

can anyone with photoshop swap the colors for me? i dont even know if it can be done, but i would LOVE to see it done.