Chrome Tailights

'95 Pilot

Nov 22, 2003
Tucson, AZ
Does anybody know if there are any '96 - '98 style tailights out there with chrome housings and stock red lenses? I want to go with the "old" style three verticle bars and chrome housings. I really don't like the euro styles much, but like the look of the chrome housing. Thanks...

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='95 Pilot]Does anybody know if there are any '96 - '98 style tailights out there with chrome housings and stock red lenses? I want to go with the "old" style three verticle bars and chrome housings. I really don't like the euro styles much, but like the look of the chrome housing. Thanks...[/QUOTE]

:puke: I'm not sure about those...Might want to try apc, age classic designs, or maybe 50resto.

now now don't be too rough on him guys.. i've always been a firm believer in a theme with a car. symetry, same repeating patterns, colors.. with the tailight bezzels on the 94-95 style simple black or correct color match looks best imo.(i'm about to put in some black ones cause the green ones right now are faded an don't look good IMO)

i personally like the designation between the 94-96 tailalmps..kinda select casue it was a 2 yr only run for the style...the 96-now style has been a staple for the last 8 yrs. be prepared tho. i've heard horror stories about the 96 tailamp switch on 94's being fickle about wanting to fit right/work after installation. kinda automotive karma if you will..:D

i think the silver bezels would look good on a silver car, opal frost, light metallic grey..
but on a dark (black, red, green, etc) or light colored car (white, yellow etc.) it might look a lil ricey..

silver is a neutral color, it really depends on how its kept up. i've got silver 95 r's on my car right now but its been rainy/cold/sht weather for the las couple of days, so my car looks like ass right now, but when she's clean she looks good with the contrast of light aluminum an dark green paint.

Going after the "Rice Rocket" look is not what I am intending to do. I am trying to go back to my Mustang roots when I owned a '66 and a '67 Fastback. I personally like the look of the three bar verticle chrome housing. It looks good on any color car.

Someone suggested buying stock lights and having them chromed. I thought of that, but didn't think most chrome shops would want to do that. Isn't it a lot harder to chrome plastic or whatever the housings are made out of?

I've got some eurotails with the chrome housing and I'll be willing to trade you the bezels if you can get me some stock ones. Just pay for shipping. I want to paint my bezels the same color as my car so I might as well help a fellow stanger.