Cigarette smell

• Sponsors (?)

belive it or not, febreeze, good stuff, cheap. we use it at work to get the cigarette smell out, but give it time. spray it on teh rugs, headliner, seats if they are cloth and let the car air out. windows oppen, or drive it with the windows open preferably. but next time dont smoke in the car! im a light smoker but i never smoke in my car b/c of that reason. my current car(still waitin on my stang for 2 more weeks) is 2.5 yrs old and still smells like the day i bought it inside.

Quit smoking!

J/k I'm a smoker too. If you have leather, let me know. I've got this spray that elimates smoke odor, and has a leather smell as well. Works very well.

Smoke is pretty hard to remove. I can smell if the guy in the car in front of me is smoking. I detailed alot of cars that were smokers cars. The way to get rid of it is to clean everything, every surface, from headliner to carpet. Doesn't take anything special, woolite for seats and carpet. APC for headliner and plastics. Once you have everything cleaned it takes a few weeks for the stink to go away.

I think too much of my Mustang to allow anyone in it to smoke. I also don't allow food. I'll permit bottled water only in extreme emergencies.
By the way, cars used by smokers sell for much less than those owned by non-smokers. That's a fact. You can never get rid of the smell. Smokers also smell. I have a friend who once smoked, quit and then told me after his lungs cleared that he could smell other smokers from a long distance. That's not mentioning the health risks.

My 20 year old son left mine smelling like Skoal and some smoke before he went off to join the Marines. I left it sitting under the carport with the windows down a few days then set it out in the sun with the windows up to let the heat bring out another charge of :D "New Car Smell" :D Ain't smelled the Skoal or smoke since.:nice:

stanmckinney said:
A good friend of mine was buried Friday. He died of cancer. Nothing to joke about.
You don't have to smoke to die of cancer. Most that do, never smoked. And don't even go there about "second hand smoke" That my friend is a huge wad of BS. More people probably die from breathing car exhaust than second hand smoke.

I can smell a smoker from 100 feet away. I am allergic to smoke and can't stand to be around it. I should have the right to live smoke free. If people want to smoke and die, I guess that's their right. But do it where I don't have to breath it.

shooterm1 said:
yeah, I told my neighbor what you said, but he says that he's addicted and cant stop now.
View attachment 465130
he's just too far gone !

:lol:
I think we're all too far gone. Some oil workers were kidnapped Friday in Nigeria, oil went up $2 a barrel and gasoline .07 a gallon just for that reason.:bang: ****ing commodities traders crapola They don't know their asses from a hole in the ground.:stupid:

shooterm1 said:
yeah, I told my neighbor what you said, but he says that he's addicted and cant stop now.
View attachment 465013
he's just too far gone !

:lol:
When I was pulling wrenches I had my own shop. i had a exhaust a gas sniffer anylizer and when I held a cigarete against the probe where it sucked in the exhaust into anylizer there was like 10 times more carbon monxide from the cigarette then the car!!!

I smoke. Never in the stang. It's blasphemous. I'd never get the smell out of the leather and vinyl. However, there's these little odor beads that specifically absorbs cigarette smells. They're japanese. Not sure who sells them though.

Dayemn I hate to hear the difficulty in getting rid of smoke smell! Short story: test drove a 2014 convertible. No smell whatsoever. Two weeks later, purchased the car from private seller (without further test drive). Closed deal, shook hands and seller drove away. When I opened the door, the smell was friggin awful! It a convertible and smoke has penetrated every surface I guess. Tried everything suggested here except professional detailer. Pisses me off, but I’ll live with it. LOVE the car. HATE the smell. :-(

Dayemn I hate to hear the difficulty in getting rid of smoke smell! Short story: test drove a 2014 convertible. No smell whatsoever. Two weeks later, purchased the car from private seller (without further test drive). Closed deal, shook hands and seller drove away. When I opened the door, the smell was friggin awful! It a convertible and smoke has penetrated every surface I guess. Tried everything suggested here except professional detailer. Pisses me off, but I’ll live with it. LOVE the car. HATE the smell. :-(

Change the air conditioner filter, spray the carpet with Fabreeze including the trunk. Go for a drive an let it all dry.

At most GOOD car washes they have these small spray bottles that look like breath mint spray bottles. Pick one you like. Start the car, put the A/C on recirculate. Spray everything. You will see that a little goes a looooooooooooooong way. Close up the car and let the air run for 15 or minutes. Roll down the windows and turn the car off. Let is air out for an hour or two.

Condition your leather if you have any.