Civic Si

Oct 10, 2006
i have a 01 Gt with a kn intake....could i beat a stock 06' si.....i think i can but i have doubts....because this guy said he beat an M3...which i think is bull.....sooo can u guys tell me so i can shut this guy up...haha:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Certainly the best civic to date, at least the one I drove. Though it's a great civic, it's still a civic.

IMO the two shouldn't be compared, and in my experience haven't been by any magazine or reputable publication. They're two entirely different ideas, it's almost like comparing beer to liquor, you can, but it doesn't really do either of them any justice. Anyways if you're really not sure, the fastest civic ever made is not as fast as the slowest mustang V8 coupe ever made, '1987-Present.

The new Si isnt any different than an RSX Type-S. about 198hp with a 6spd. STOCK it will run about a 15.1 @ 95 (atleast thats what my friend hit in his) but he runs decent Toyo Proxes for tires. OH and as for a any stock civic beating and M3 NO WAY. Another friend of mine has a Turbo Civic and cant even take his roomates 325i

Is this Stangnet? Good. I found the right place. I just hooked up my Civic with a 10-pound Folgers can for the exhaust, a quad-decker wing, Altezza's at all corners, and some dubs. I also put on some AEM, Neuspeed, GReddy, and Kanji stickers. I don't have any of these parts, but it looks hot. My ground effects aren't painted yet, and I still have lots of primer on the fenders. I cut the springs down, and took out the rubber stops. It's mad tight yo. I can beat every one of you with my ballin' Civic.

Why are you even asking if you can beat a Civic Si? You need to go beat up the fool that told you those lies. View attachment 397548

i know, i know...i cant believe i asked...its just that this guy is a very persuasive talker......at first i was thinking hell no and then all of the sudden i had doubts....but u guys got my head on straight....maybe ill tell him to go to the track with me

This one time in high school, this kid got a new 2 door acoord. He thought it was cool as ****. Leaving school one day, he gunned it at a red light. Took me a while to realize he was trying to speed away, but I got on it anyway. The result was me making a lot of tire squeeling, engine revving noise and not passing him, as we were coming up to a school zone. He thought he beat me in a race.

If he hadn't been like a full foot taller+wider than me (not to mention, a good friend of mine), I would have beat the **** out of him for even thinking such a thing. Not like he cared much anyway... more of a pimp than a ricer, in his optioned-out accord.

Moral of the story: it's downright insulting for these crazy Honda kids to say stuff like this. Don't race him, slap him and walk away. Its not worth risking getting caught on the street. Bring him to Test n Tune, and tell him he can run along side you while you practice, if he wants ;).

Welll are you an Auto or 5spd? i have seen Stock Si's can hit 14.8 stock w/ good tires/driver, and I've seen 99-04 GT auto's do mid-high 14's.

So if you some how botch you launch and he's on game you could technicly tie...but all things even the mustang will win.

If your a 5spd...then you shouldn't even ask this question.

if you suck at driving and he kicks ass at driving, it might be a really close race.

with equal drivers the civic will lose, but it wont be that bad, theyre quick little cars, comparable to the RSX-S but a few hundred lighter if i recall from the dealer brochure.

btw IMO the 06 civics are the best ones to date, glad to see honda fixed their mistakes after the last generation civic, plus since the RSX was killed off and nothing in that price range, the Si needed to come into play and take up the difference.