CJ Pony Parts and TMI - Worst Experience Ever!

silverlx50

15 Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
I wanted to tell you guys about my experience ordering a set of TMI door panels through CJ Ponyparts.

First off, Ive never used either company but I really like the opal gray Mach 1 style panels for my LX Vert so I ordered them at 589.99. They said its a 10 week process so I was ready to wait the ten weeks.

About 8 weeks later in March I called CJ Pony Parts for an update. I was told theres no update until the 10 weeks has passed. Ok.

About 12 weeks after ordering I called CJ Ponyparts again, hey no update until the 10 weeks has passed. It has passed. Oh it says they will ship soon.

At about 14 weeks I called CJ Ponyparts again and was told they will ship last week of may 16th.

Door panels finally arrived mid May. It was a total of 16 weeks instead of 10.

I opened the box and found they sent me the standard panels, $160 cheaper, and not what I ordered.

Called CJ Pony Parts and explained I knew these could take 10 weeks BUT 16 is unacceptable, furthermore they were wrong. They said I can return them and order a new set and again wait another 16 weeks. After going back and forth with them for 3 days explaining I need them ASAP thats why I ordered them when I did in January so Id have them by now when I need them. They finally send me a RMA packing slip to send them back to TMI with a 48 Hr repair at TMI then overnight shipping back to me.

TMI received the panels last week on Tuesday just before 1pm. It's now Wednesday of the following week when I reach out to CJ Pony Parts again. I email Matthew Howard at CJ and he says he will be in touch.

Two days later I call CJ and of course its too late on a Friday, today, and they cant reach out to TMI until nexy week.

This has been the most horrible experience buying from CJ Pony Parts. The communication is by far the worst ever. I understand there may be issues with TMI but these companies have a working relationship. Its now been 19 weeks and I dont have my door panels nor do I have any idea when I will.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I actually had the same experience.

Ordered a tmi seat kit, wait longer than expected for them to show. They arrive and they are for a classic mustang. After trying to explain it on the phone For an hour I finally get an RMA to ship them back and start the wait again.

They show up and they look nothing like the photos. The photo was showing dark red suede inserts. I got this

IMG_0213.JPG

More time on the phone. They won't exchange it for a different color and won't cover the shipping back.

I leave a review with the above pic stating the color doesn't match what they show and they delete it

Haven't ordered there since

I actually had the same experience.

Ordered a tmi seat kit, wait longer than expected for them to show. They arrive and they are for a classic mustang. After trying to explain it on the phone For an hour I finally get an RMA to ship them back and start the wait again.

They show up and they look nothing like the photos. The photo was showing dark red suede inserts. I got this

IMG_0213.JPG

More time on the phone. They won't exchange it for a different color and won't cover the shipping back.

I leave a review with the above pic stating the color doesn't match what they show and they delete it

Haven't ordered there since
Dude that sucks man. Some serious BS!!!!

Count me in. I ordered a set of opal gray seat covers and new foam and a few other things from CJ. The thing is, the seat upholstery was listed as IN STOCK. So after I placed my $1000 order...I wait,....and hear absolutely nothing form them. I email and ask whats up, no response...AT ALL. I call, the guy says "it says on our website 10 weeks". I'm like, O.K., I would think it's good business to call the customer, or email even and say "we appreciate your order, we will let you know an estimated ship time blah blah" so I at least know I exist to them as a customer. The other things I ordered with the upholstery and foam didn't ship until the whole order was ready...about 10 weeks. So I end up waiting for all my other stuff because they won't ship it separate. Never again will I order anything from them....EVER!

wow that is terrible and doesn't sound like they care neither which is f up ... Can you work with TMI instead? I've honestly never had any issues with cj pony and I have a few foxes I buy for

Wow, I must have gotten really lucky.
I ordered my Mach I style front seat upholstery from CJ and had no issues, I even got them on
closeout $313 for the pair with free shipping.
I'm usually not that lucky.

I wanted to tell you guys about my experience ordering a set of TMI door panels through CJ Ponyparts.

First off, Ive never used either company but I really like the opal gray Mach 1 style panels for my LX Vert so I ordered them at 589.99. They said its a 10 week process so I was ready to wait the ten weeks.

About 8 weeks later in March I called CJ Pony Parts for an update. I was told theres no update until the 10 weeks has passed. Ok.

About 12 weeks after ordering I called CJ Ponyparts again, hey no update until the 10 weeks has passed. It has passed. Oh it says they will ship soon.

At about 14 weeks I called CJ Ponyparts again and was told they will ship last week of may 16th.

Door panels finally arrived mid May. It was a total of 16 weeks instead of 10.

I opened the box and found they sent me the standard panels, $160 cheaper, and not what I ordered.

Called CJ Pony Parts and explained I knew these could take 10 weeks BUT 16 is unacceptable, furthermore they were wrong. They said I can return them and order a new set and again wait another 16 weeks. After going back and forth with them for 3 days explaining I need them ASAP thats why I ordered them when I did in January so Id have them by now when I need them. They finally send me a RMA packing slip to send them back to TMI with a 48 Hr repair at TMI then overnight shipping back to me.

TMI received the panels last week on Tuesday just before 1pm. It's now Wednesday of the following week when I reach out to CJ Pony Parts again. I email Matthew Howard at CJ and he says he will be in touch.

Two days later I call CJ and of course its too late on a Friday, today, and they cant reach out to TMI until nexy week.

This has been the most horrible experience buying from CJ Pony Parts. The communication is by far the worst ever. I understand there may be issues with TMI but these companies have a working relationship. Its now been 19 weeks and I dont have my door panels nor do I have any idea when I will.

I'm so sorry to hear you've had issues with CJ's and TMI. I'd be frustrated too if it took this long to get my door panels, only to get the wrong set. If you could please shoot me a private message with your order number, I will be sure to personally see it through that you're taken care of and satisfied. Furthermore, I'll forward your experiences over to the appropriate parties to do everything we can to improve things for future customers looking to buy TMI parts.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Chris

Reactions: 1 users
I commend Chris for responding to this thread, it shows that they take our members seriously. I bet all will be well now.
@silverlx50 make sure you update this thread when this is resolved.
we value our vendor sponsors as much as they value us.

Reactions: 2 users
I commend Chris for responding to this thread, it shows that they take our members seriously. I bet all will be well now.
@silverlx50 make sure you update this thread when this is resolved.
we value our vendor sponsors as much as they value us.
I agree that there needs to be follow up with resolution here by the customer.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
All I'll say is that they ( CJ) should count themselves fortunate that it wasn't me buying from them.
IIRC when I had the red car, I purchased several things from several different mfg's over the course of the build. To this day I still have what's left of a gift card from CJ because I tried to return the part I purchased, and they would only issue a store credit, or refund the money to that card.

It felt like I was buying from an offshore company.

chris is just "trying" to save some face. nothing will come of his feeble attempt. trust me I know very well how CJ operates. its all about the $$$ with them, they really DO NOT care about the customer at all!!!